DrewC

Banned
(original comment: goo[.]gl/5LRXig)
Sorry if most of this whole subject requests have already been declined but i literally just made this forum account to request a map replacement. Almost every night i go on Skials deathrun server and as my fellow player on the Original thread mentioned, the chat is always filled with people complaining about the overused, buggy/broken and "shitty" maps there are on the rotation, a discussion that always ends up with people getting fed up and leaving letting the server alone just to slowly die.
My request here is to please remove reskins of cocainum, remove alt versions of undertale, the very much despised Trump Tower, the unfinished manor and replace them with maps like pauseahead, timetravel, castle, dungeon and ironworks which I've noticed are among the player-favorites and most requested and discussed about on the chat (As Colonel on the thread mentioned above has made sure to show proof of).
I didn't fail to notice you ask for statistical evidence, that's why i propose a typeform based survey (goo[.]gl/fn9GRV) i will, if you let me, take care of spreading and collecting feedback of (which in case of being approved, will always be available to the admins.) to demonstrate the demand of not just new but actually liked maps the deathrun community wishes to be implemented.
Thanks for reading me and then again i apologize for inappropriately repoating an alredy declined request but i really do want to have my suggestion be heard, hope i can hear from you soon.
-DrewC
P.S: Sorry for the bad grammar and comma horror.

Fragancia

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Like you hear people do complain about aspects of the maps plenty of times they play but that doesn't mean they don't exactly dislike playing on them given that those "shitty" maps still exist in the servers so it most likely means they are popular enough to stay given that Bottiger hasn't purged them from the servers based on the data he collects on them.
People who openly cry out every time when their least favorite map is voted on and leave promptly after are probably just a really vocal minority.
That's how I think about this at least.

Skial doesn't and can't tailor to every need of the player minority(there are some expections of course) especially with a gimped player flow to the servers thanks to Valve's actions that are detrimental to community servers. Gotta adapt to what's popular nowadays or you'll sink.

Bottiger

Administrator
The maps we have are all the top maps over all the deathrun servers in existence (calculated about a month ago). It is not likely the map rotation can be improved much more. Maybe a few of the new maps we added that barely made the cut should be removed, but they shouldn't be bad enough to cause the server any significant damage that they need to be removed right away.

The simple fact is that you can't please everyone and someone will leave when the map changes. We minimize this already by using global map popularity statistics.

People don't play ironworks, timetravel when they are available on other servers.

User

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
There are some people who are currently making deathrun maps for Skial. So even if this is true, there will be some maps never seen before on other servers but Skial.

Reactions: Cream Tea