Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
It was better off not working before the map is updated. This trap is so unfair, it literally kills hale in 2 hits, so it allows engineers to just camp inside and press the button when hale comes.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
An update by Cream Tea was posted tonight, is this regarding his update or the version posted by OpB?

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
It didn't two hit kill before?
I believe it always did 500 damage per hit for the duration the spikes are activated, which is I believe... 5 seconds?

Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
The only thing i edited was the spike room under the island. The other spike room i didnt modify at all

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I did increase the damage to 1000 because the trap wasn't really doing much before.

Perhaps that was a bit too much it was on 200 in the previous version even though the original version of egyptyspot did more damage I believe.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I did increase the damage to 1000 because the trap wasn't really doing much before.

Perhaps that was a bit too much it was on 200 in the previous version even though the original version of egyptyspot did more damage I believe.
New issues in the map Cream Tea:
* The spike trap in the tunnel actually one hit killed the hale above 7000 HP, That's WAY too much and too OP.
* The spike room surrounded by water, if you land between the spikes as hale, you get stuck, with the only way of escaping is superjumping.
* The teleporter up the tower doesn't teleport the hale anymore.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
New issues in the map Cream Tea:
* The spike trap in the tunnel actually one hit killed the hale above 7000 HP, That's WAY too much and too OP.
* The spike room surrounded by water, if you land between the spikes as hale, you get stuck, with the only way of escaping is superjumping.
* The teleporter up the tower doesn't teleport the hale anymore.

Let me address these in order

1 - Yeah I agree maybe that was too op I will lower the damage to 300, 200 was a tad too low but we don't want it op.
2 - I'll put some clipping over the top so hale doesn't get stuck.
3 - Hale has his own special teleporter in the bottom of the tower as you go in there is a hale only door.

I will work on a quick update now.

edit: i might add a sign to make the hale teleporter more obvious

Last edited:
Reactions: True Darkian