Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I feel like this rule should be removed because some people just for the sake of it when they are warden kill all their guards and thus this results in more and more rebel rounds rather than a normal round.
Some people also just kill a single guard because they might have a grudge on them or so.
It should be that guards could be killed by the warden if they freekill or do something bad like pushing the buttons when they were not meant to. The people who just get killed for the sake of it just have to sit dead and wait till the round ends.
Thanks
Devil

Reactions: Sir Cakez

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

The Warden should be able to kill any Guard for any reason, considering it freekilling is a little misguided.

I feel like this rule should be removed because some people just for the sake of it when they are warden kill all their guards and thus this results in more and more rebel rounds rather than a normal round.
It is the Warden's round, if they want to make it harder for themselves then I see no issue with this.
Killing Guards means that your defence against rebels is a lot harder - especially with fewer people.

Some people also just kill a single guard because they might have a grudge on them or so.
I understand that this may be an issue for some people, but I don't think it outweighs everything else.
Wardens, in my mind, should be able to choose who they want on their team - for whatever reason.
For instance, there's times when someone has been a bad Guard (for whatever reason) and I've just killed them after we spawn.
It's important that the Warden can say "I don't want them to be a Guard during my round", no matter why this might be.
If someone is constantly being killed easily and providing the Prisoners with easy ammo, I don't want that to happen.

It should be that guards could be killed by the warden if they freekill or do something bad like pushing the buttons when they were not meant to. The people who just get killed for the sake of it just have to sit dead and wait till the round ends.
This would also mean that we have to implement rules for when you can and cannot kill your Guard.
It's much easier to just allow them to be killed when the Warden doesn't want them on their team.
Guards are already slain if they freekill by admins, the Warden can do this obviously.
The other issue is that people would then argue that they were unfairly killed as a Guard.

Another scenario that I can think of - a player kept freehitting numerous people, so I just killed him.
Within your description, this would've been me freekilling them? This wouldn't work out very well.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
luke that is so dumb
people wait forever to play as a guard, why should they get robbed of that just cause some jackass decided to kill them

Last edited:

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
luke that is so dumb
people wait forever to play as a guard, why should they get robbed of that just cause some jackass decided to kill them
its a occupational hazard of playing jailbreak.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer

The Warden should be able to kill any Guard for any reason, considering it freekilling is a little misguided.

It is the Warden's round, if they want to make it harder for themselves then I see no issue with this.
Killing Guards means that your defence against rebels is a lot harder - especially with fewer people.

I understand that this may be an issue for some people, but I don't think it outweighs everything else.
Wardens, in my mind, should be able to choose who they want on their team - for whatever reason.
For instance, there's times when someone has been a bad Guard (for whatever reason) and I've just killed them after we spawn.
It's important that the Warden can say "I don't want them to be a Guard during my round", no matter why this might be.
If someone is constantly being killed easily and providing the Prisoners with easy ammo, I don't want that to happen.

This would also mean that we have to implement rules for when you can and cannot kill your Guard.
It's much easier to just allow them to be killed when the Warden doesn't want them on their team.
Guards are already slain if they freekill by admins, the Warden can do this obviously.
The other issue is that people would then argue that they were unfairly killed as a Guard.

Another scenario that I can think of - a player kept freehitting numerous people, so I just killed him.
Within your description, this would've been me freekilling them? This wouldn't work out very well.

So if the warden doesn't think that one of his guards are good enough, then does this mean that the guard can't play one entire round just because the warden thinks so. People play Jailbreak not to spectate but to have fun by playing and the warden just killing them at the start itself just because he thinks they are not good enough is pretty pointless as the guard would just have to sit in spectate for more than 5 minutes waiting for the next round to start.
It's pretty simple to make rules for when a warden should or should not kill his guard. Things such as freekilling , freehitting are not allowed on the server anyways. So if the warden in his sight does see someone freekilling they can kill the guard. People whenever they think they get unfairly killed by a guard go straight to the votemenu to slay them rather than asking for a reason first.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
luke that is so dumb

Because people wait longer to be Warden and the ability to control the Guards is one of the benefits of being Warden.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because people wait longer to be Warden and the ability to control the Guards is one of the benefits of being Warden.
So because they wait longer to be Warden they should be allowed to fucking kill people who have waited for a while already to play guard?

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
having control of the guards is not the same as just flat out killing them. some people wait to get to play as guard, become warden, then declare freeday cause they don't want to be warden.

everyone should be having fun, just cause someone is warden doesn't mean they should be able to squash the fun of their teammates. especially when they kill someone cause they flat out don't like them. that mentality is fucking dumb dude

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
that's not the same as just flat out killing them. some people wait to get to play as guard, become warden, then declare freeday cause they don't want to be warden.

everyone should be having fun, just cause someone is warden doesn't mean they should be able to squash the fun of their teammates. especially when they kill someone cause they flat out don't like that. that mentality is fucking dumb dude
So because they wait longer to be Warden they should be allowed to fucking kill people who have waited for a while already to play guard?
That's some good logic. However, i think that adding this rule removes the abusive warden fun, critical part of jb fun

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
oh cool and the guards who were killed for no reason get to sit out one of the few rounds they get to play as a guard.
how is this not the same as just randomly killing prisoners? In fact it's even worse cause the victim can't even do as much as fight back.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
oh cool and the guards who were killed for no reason get to sit out one of the few rounds they get to play as a guard.
how is this not the same as just randomly killing prisoners? In fact it's even worse cause the victim can't even do as much as fight back.
have a sorta good arguement, switching to +0

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Ok so looking at this going to point out a few things.

Another scenario that I can think of - aplayer kept freehitting numerous people, so I just killed him.
Within your description, this would'vebeen me freekilling them? This wouldn't work out very well.

He did say anything they aren't supposed to do. Which I believe used to be the rule.

guards [which refers to all blue team players] must enforce the orders given by the warden
this also by default expands outward to helping kill rebellers and keeping the prisoners in line. By immediately killing all of your gaurds at the beginning o the game with no given reason besides "because I want to" you are effectivelly refusing to help kill all the rebellers as 1 person cannot keep 22 people in line on a busy hour. Or even 10 people on a non busy hour. Not without the armory. There is a reason why the number of gaurds increases as the population does.

This could very well fall into the
Harming your team for an extended period of time.
Rule because it effectively guarantees the loss of your team unless you planned on giving a free day that round.

I haven't said anything about it because it doesn't happen often enough but it seemed better when gaurds could only be killed after breaking rules or disobeying warden then at any time for no reason because it meant people could actually play the game like they waited to do and you had a chance of winning/ending the round properly. And not in 90 seconds because 15 people gangbanged the warden afterwards.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1. By this rule, if I am bored and just want to get some kills for my unusual, I can go after my guards, ruining the round for them. Although, accidental guard kills always happen, especially with splash weapons, and people shouldn't be penalized for that.