Brimp

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I find it very unfair when the game rewards you with hale as you stomp someone but they don't die. I don't get why its in the gamemode when you have snipers with regular sniper rifles that SHOWS where hale is when they hit him making it so no one can't know where hale is. There is also the mantread soldiers, cloaking spies that take 2 hits to kill, demo knights. What i'm trying to say here is that its unfair when you stomp someone you should kill but they have stomping turned off when its already hard enough to stomp a person away from a group. +1 If you agree this command should be taken out. Oh and don't let me forget about the bfb scouts.

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
-1 stomp is a bad mechanic, shouldn't even be in vsh imo because it's all luck on whether you do it or not, the ability to turn it off is nice. in vsh if you turn it off, hale still kills you with stomps via his mantreads anyways. mantreads are an instakill idk what you're on about LOL

soos

TF2 Admin

I don't believe that others should rely on a crutch to obtain damage in Saxton hale or Freak Fortress.
Not having "Goombad" enabled allows the player to do more fun things on whatever map you are playing. if you are playing on the server, you want to be there to enjoy your time there, not wondering "should I do this, I might get goombaded"

I remember when I first came on to FF2 New York and I remember asking people all around how do you tuen off "goombad" wasn't fun...

Im not trolling, but please consider other servers and not just one, cause the plugin is strict ( don't quote me on that I don't know how to properly code or use a config)

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster

While I can fully understand the quarrel people have with goomba being disabled for certain people, one can also argue that getting stomped out of nowhere when you're, say, trying to market garden as Soldier, is really annoying. I am on the side that finds this mechanic annoying.

Lewd ✿

Mildly Menacing Medic
-1 Stomp is bad and sometimes feels incredibly randomized on when it counts or not, essentially giving the hale a free kill without even needing to try.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I don't think some people get it.

VSH has 2 types of stomps, the "Mantreads" stomp and the "Mario" stomp, The command will disable the "Mario" stomp.
Every hale uses the "Mantreads" stomp, so that won't get disabled, Soldier with the Mantreads also uses this.

Every other class uses the "Mario" stomp, which currently can be disabled.

I'd say +1 to remove this command because I can just become Saxton Hale, type this command to disable it and no one but Mantreads Soldiers can stomp me anymore, but I can stomp everyone else.
And when the round finishes, Enable it again so I can stomp hales that haven't disabled it. Pretty unfair to be honest.

Reactions: uppe-r

Ijikaru

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I don't think some people get it.

VSH has 2 types of stomps, the "Mantreads" stomp and the "Mario" stomp, The command will disable the "Mario" stomp.
Every hale uses the "Mantreads" stomp, so that won't get disabled, Soldier with the Mantreads also uses this.

Every other class uses the "Mario" stomp, which currently can be disabled.

I'd say +1 to remove this command because I can just become Saxton Hale, type this command to disable it and no one but Mantreads Soldiers can stomp me anymore, but I can stomp everyone else.
And when the round finishes, Enable it again so I can stomp hales that haven't disabled it. Pretty unfair to be honest.

You right it's just so confusing imagine if we play on crevice we try to stomp the hale like everyone does but we can't, just because he decided that stomps are "lucky" and "unskills" so you die because of that lmao

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
I can understand where you all are coming from about the VSH stomp mechanic, as this is technically considered unfair.

At the same time, y’all have failed to mention Freak Fortress 2 in considering the removal of this command. If we’re only removing it for VSH, then that could be fine, but FF2 is its own thing.

Take a boss like Shrek. He has an incredibly fast weighdown that, frankly, can be easily abused. Take away the ability to disable goomba and this not only makes the boss’ round much easier, but it also makes it less fun for the Reds to fight against them.

Honestly, you don’t really need goomba stomp to win in FF2.

chairius✿

Wicked Nasty Engineer
FF2 Balancer
goomba's a garbage way of getting a free backstab or market garden.
why is spy even enabled with this plugin lol

Bottiger

Administrator
I removed goomba from Freak Fortress. On Saxton Hale I set goomba_immunity to 0 which should disable the command.

Last edited:
Reactions: uppe-r

soos

TF2 Admin
Thank you bottiger

I now can be free to roam this earth while not worrying about getting crutched into the ground