Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
The smoke-nade for pyros is indeed unique for them but at the moment it's purely being used to grief rounds via hiding platforms and hiding the platforms on minigames, such as soviet runs, domino's pizza, etc.

Sakiko

Contributor
Smoke only lasts 1-2 seconds and is only 1 use per round. If you see smoke stop moving i see no point in removing it. And yes its used often for trolling what and blinding hale for a second.

Many other things you can add to that - remove jumping as people troll platforms with fake jumps. Remove platforms as players can't jump. Hale killing players (many whine and vote abuse for that), its a slippery slope when you start to remove items to the point all a player has to do in death run is spawn for a instant win.

SLAMTHEFART

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The cloud from the smoke lasts way longer than 1-2 seconds though. Plus if I were to "stop moving" during a minigame (for example, the Dangerzone hardcore parkour) that's pretty much a guaranteed death from the fast motivator/frame drops. It's just not very fair for players who actually want to beat a minigame. And like I said, I don't even remember the last time I saw someone use it for it's intended purpose, and I play A LOT of deathrun. I'd just like to hear a reason as to why so many people are against removing it.

Sakiko

Contributor
probably have over about 3-5k hours on death run ive not had much issue doing minigames with smoke. You should be looking at it as a challenge to over come that is random and have to think on your feet, life is not easy.

It don't break the game, its a bit of smoke a spy in his box on a small platform like on beanrun is more annoying then smoke. And i do not see many upvotes to support this suggestion so where are the many people?

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
This just happened, that is as close to the forward-edge as I can get and still cannot see the red and green squares, it just cost OVER 10 people their minigame for abuse of a game feature.

@Bottiger please remove this.

e2Lsld7.jpg