MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Asides from the !smoke command being utterly useless in deathrun and only somewhat practical as a way to trick the hale, it has started to become a trend for people to abuse the command to cover certain areas of the map and thus make people kill themselves trying to go through it. A good example of this is dr_bearun, where on the first part of the map where you have to do the parkour on the thin ledges, pyros think it is very funny to use smoke bombs and make people not able to see where they are jumping. In conclusion, the smoke bomb is already not that necessary of a command for deathrun and it only leads to problems when people grief with it.

ZgdV0cs.jpg

Reactions: User

CallumDeGr8

Uncharitable Spy
The smoke only lasts a few seconds, it is your choice to go ahead of the smoke or not. You can simply choose to wait it out and then proceed. It is only your fault for jumping into the blind, rather than simply being patient and waiting a short bit for you to regain visibility. You are aware of them using this smoke by both !smoke and just simply seeing it and if you feel that it will hinder your chances, like I said before you can just wait a few seconds for it to disappear. If this bothers you so much, post a recommendation to make the smoke more transparent for teammates or something. I don't think the idea of completely removing the feature is the best idea.

Reactions: Hiiglane and dope

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

The smoke only lasts a few seconds, it is your choice to go ahead of the smoke or not. You can simply choose to wait it out and then proceed. It is only your fault for jumping into the blind, rather than simply being patient and waiting a short bit for you to regain visibility. You are aware of them using this smoke by both !smoke and just simply seeing it and if you feel that it will hinder your chances, like I said before you can just wait a few seconds for it to disappear. If this bothers you so much, post a recommendation to make the smoke more transparent for teammates or something. I don't think the idea of completely removing the feature is the best idea.

A few seconds? Don't you mean like 10 seconds? Tell me why !smoke is even useful in dr in the first place asides from to cause trouble.

CallumDeGr8

Uncharitable Spy
Tell me why !smoke is even useful in dr in the first place asides from to cause trouble.
Other than limiting the vision of teammates(which I recommend that if this bothers you you should take my advice) it is great for getting ahead of the smaller traps by either baiting or sneaking past. If you have spies on your team, they can use that smoke to use their cloak without the hale noticing, which could potentially give an easy win.

A few seconds? Don't you mean like 10 seconds?
Is 10 seconds too much for you? are you honestly that impatient to not wait that much to probably save you a few minutes of spectating?

Reactions: Hiiglane

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Protip: Whining about pointless ratings makes your point look weaker and overall, a joke.

As for your actual suggestion: No. Smoke IS quite useless, i'll give you that. But, as Cream said, its FUN. The idea that smoke is some actual useful tool for getting around traps has some weight because it does take up some area and blindsides the hale but it is never legitimately used for baiting out the hale and is solely used for fucking over team-mates.This isn't a bad thing as it provides FUN. Deathrun has already removed most of the features that provided a fun experience and the unnecessary removal of smoke suggested by you would just add to that.

I would also back up Callum's suggestion: STANDING STILL AND WAITING. Yes, I get it, there are some times where pyros like me activate smoke in an area where you can't wait it out, but even in that situation: get good. At worst, the smoke delays your commands because of the FPS drop. It takes up a small area and all you need to do is account for the slow it causes. I do it all the time and I'm usually the one causing it. It is not that hard.

Another thing, why remove it just because people are using it to fuck over team-mates? What about the small minority of people that use it legitimately? I really don't get the purpose of this suggestion other than you're annoyed that you keep dying because of the smoke command rather than waiting it out.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
It dissipates rather quickly, so I don't see the issue. And Bearun isn't that difficult anyway...

MLG $WAG BOOTY 2007

Protip: Whining about pointless ratings makes your point look weaker and overall, a joke.

As for your actual suggestion: No. Smoke IS quite useless, i'll give you that. But, as Cream said, its FUN. The idea that smoke is some actual useful tool for getting around traps has some weight because it does take up some area and blindsides the hale but it is never legitimately used for baiting out the hale and is solely used for fucking over team-mates.This isn't a bad thing as it provides FUN. Deathrun has already removed most of the features that provided a fun experience and the unnecessary removal of smoke suggested by you would just add to that.

I would also back up Callum's suggestion: STANDING STILL AND WAITING. Yes, I get it, there are some times where pyros like me activate smoke in an area where you can't wait it out, but even in that situation: get good. At worst, the smoke delays your commands because of the FPS drop. It takes up a small area and all you need to do is account for the slow it causes. I do it all the time and I'm usually the one causing it. It is not that hard.

Another thing, why remove it just because people are using it to fuck over team-mates? What about the small minority of people that use it legitimately? I really don't get the purpose of this suggestion other than you're annoyed that you keep dying because of the smoke command rather than waiting it out.

I’m not the one dying, it’s mainly just luis.gonzelas2009 that always blindly rushes into the smoke, dies, then complains. It’s mainly a very fucking inconvenient obstacle. Go ahead and roast me some more.

dope

Truly Feared Pyro
I’m not the one dying, it’s mainly just luis.gonzelas2009 that always blindly rushes into the smoke, dies, then complains. It’s mainly a very fucking inconvenient obstacle. Go ahead and roast me some more.
Its not "inconvenient" its a tool used for sneaking past traps and giving you an advantage over others.

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

So? You shouldn't be making suggestions just because some random person makes complaints, you should make a suggestion when it aligns with what you want. Thats what a normal player does. You can just ignore them complaining if its not killing you. They're the one having problems, not you. Most DR players dying because of smoke were being impatient as fuck as mentioned earlier. Also, it may inconvenient, but the key is, again, that its temporary.

Also, I'm not "roasting" you, i'm simply disagreeing with your suggestion.