courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
The recent trade rule suggestion that was passed had mostly valid changes in it, except one glaring issue that was heavily opposed yet still passsd through. I'm suggesting and looking for support to remove this bullet from the trade rules:
  • Begging, including trading series like "Scrap To Unusual" or asking for donations is considered Spam.
Scrap2Unusual has been a thing for years now, and does not do the servers any harm. It is a valid description of ones journey trading up from a piece of scrap metal to an unusual. I fail to see how that's spam. I myself have more time on Skials Trade servers than most others here, and making a valid trade exercise against the rules is nonsensical and will move our Trade servers in the entirely wrong direction. Very few people actually complete trades on our servers lately, and cutting out such a large part of the traders who actually DO complete trades is just beyond me.

People who occasionally ask for donations without spamming it should also not be considered spam. You are entitled to keep your items and not donate them to people, just as others are entitled to receive help from those who wish to help them build up their inventory, thus increasing trade activity on the servers. Scrap2Unusual is not just begging for free things, don't confuse the two. Advertising a valid trade method and including "also taking donations" after advertising that you are BUYING or SELLING items doesn't do anyone any harm and isn't begging or spamming.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Obvious -1
  • Scrap To Unusual is begging, as at the very least, the implication is that the user thinks themselves deserving of special recognition and treatment in their endeavors; everyone trading is doing so for a goal and it is completely unnecessary, except in the attempted facilitation of free stuff, to announce what one's goals are.
  • At the time of my posting, the most recently anyone to post before me has been on a Skial Trade Server was two months ago, with the others being two years. That lack of commitment and upkeep on the current state of trading speaks volumes to the degree that this suggestion is misinformed, intentionally counterproductive and otherwise naive.
  • The updated Trade Server Rules have been in effect for less than twenty-four hours and there is no reasonable evidence or even a logical inclination to such that they need to be changed again.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Scrap2Unusual is NOT begging.

It doesn't matter if it's been 2 months since I've been in the servers, trading is no different than it has been in years.

Common sense is common sense, rules don't have to be in place for a certain amount of time to have flaws

Reactions: Sir Cakez

BBQ Prophet

Because you are personally not annoyed or affected by it [probably because you don't even visit Skial's Trade Servers,] your perception is that the passage of time and a change in the community don't matter; which is fine as it's your perception and no amount of logic can change that. I, however, see differently [because I frequent Skial's Trade Servers] and I have observed this negative and detrimental change over the months and years. I don't think someone who essentially quit trading can have an informed, relevant stance on this issue.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because you are personally not annoyed or affected by it [probably because you don't even visit Skial's Trade Servers,] your perception is that the passage of time and a change in the community don't matter; which is fine as it's your perception and no amount of logic can change that. I, however, see differently [because I frequent Skial's Trade Servers] and I have observed this negative and detrimental change over the months and years. I don't think someone who essentially quit trading can have an informed, relevant stance on this issue.
Most people wouldn't get annoyed, from what I can tell you have very little patience as it is so we can't take your word on how annoying it is.
Obvious -1

• Scrap To Unusual is begging, as at the very least, the implication is that the user thinks themselves deserving of special recognition and treatment in their endeavors; everyone trading is doing so for a goal and it is completely unnecessary, except in the attempted facilitation of free stuff, to announce what one's goals are.
    At the time of my posting, the most recently anyone to post before me has been on a Skial Trade Server was two months ago, with the others being two years. That lack of commitment and upkeep on the current state of trading speaks volumes to the degree that this suggestion is misinformed, intentionally counterproductive and otherwise naive.
    The updated Trade Server Rules have been in effect for less than twenty-four hours and there is no reasonable evidence or even a logical inclination to such that they need to be changed again.
it's not begging

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
A notable number of people disliked the s2u part of Prophets ruleset, so that one should be removed. The rest of it can stay. Asking for donations is okay, this can be handled like the music spam rule, where a server vote can decide wether to deal with it as spam or not.

Reactions: Sir Cakez

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i am pretty suprised it got through as well with the amount of opposition it would have certainly been removed
+1

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I wouldn't mind s2u at all, I absolutely love gifting and donating.

There is, however, a big issue with it when people who are actually considered rich by tf2 standards, but they use multiple seemingly innocent f2p accounts to collect donations.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Filling the server takes priority over making sure 3/4 low-patience people get steamed at something as simple as a tag in someone's name. While I don't frequent the Skial trade server as much as I used to, other trade servers I use do not have this rule implemented. Even the Unusual trade servers don't take action against S2U tags, or even begging for that matter, because it's not spam.

If they flooded the chat with "please give me items I'm doing S2U," yeah, silence them. We already have that rule in place.

Don't ostracize people just because you have a personal vendetta against the Scrap to Unusual crowd.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Im PRETTY SURE my 1200+ hours on Skial servers aren't null and void just because I haven't been on in a few months lmao. And I've gotten much further than you have in the trading scene, so please, stop pretending you're all-knowing and superior.

1200 hours almost solely on Skial Trade, but you're right, I never visit the servers and have no idea what happens there lmao

Reactions: Doom4life

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
just because you dont have the patience or will to ignore these people doesnt mean you get to decide if they're breaking the rules or not, majority of people didnt like that rule, you should cut your losses and deal with it

BBQ Prophet

Im PRETTY SURE my 1200+ hours on Skial servers aren't null and void just because I haven't been on in a few months lmao. And I've gotten much further than you have in the trading scene, so please, stop pretending you're all-knowing and superior.

1200 hours almost solely on Skial Trade, but you're right, I never visit the servers and have no idea what happens there lmao
I have almost 1,800 hours on just our trade servers, but that isn't the point. You're not the only person to have "cashed-out" money anyway. Turning this into an off-topic pissing contest doesn't make your absence and lack of dedication any less apparent. What a few forum regulars who barely trade, if at all, think is not what defines the Rules or what's best for Skial servers. It took but a few sentences to explain to a trading-impartial party who cares about Skial to agree that S2U is begging.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
I mean all you need is common sense to know that scrap to unusual IS NOT begging, and to see that you obviously have a large bias against it due to several inappropriate tirades with a former server-frequent. You are also well known to fight and argue and wrongfully accuse people of scamming solely based on your mood. Telling a bunch of random children who have little to no success in trading on the servers to come and shitpost on your suggestion doesn't make that "support" valid. And telling someone who spent most of her TF2 career on Skial Trade servers and made far more success off of trading that her opinion is invalid just because she moved on from the game as a whole after donating and spending well over 1000 hours here only supports the idea that you aren't credible at all on the matter and are tainted by bias and ignorance

BBQ Prophet

Scrap To Unusual is begging, as at the very least, the implication is that the user thinks themselves deserving of special recognition and treatment in their endeavors; everyone trading is doing so for a goal and it is completely unnecessary, except in the attempted facilitation of free stuff, to announce what one's goals are.