Angry Man Dan

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
They make the server a pain: a portion of the server is constantly afk in the skybox, caber demos abuse it with a shield to get air by grappling on the skybox (meaning they can forgo the sticky jumper for a shield), snipers have easy access to the train and ramp (obviously not so much the ramp but you get the idea), frequent spawncamping since it has facilitated travel to the skybox, and most importantly, your side of the battlements (where the small health packs are) is not safe anymore as people can instantly access it using the grapple hook. I'm sure 90% of the idle regs will agree with me here.

Reactions: Browŋies

Angry Man Dan

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1

Saying -1 because it's idle is really stupid. If a new mechanic breaks an old map's design the map should either be edited or the mechanic removed.

I'm tired of the "it's idle" excuse.

If it's idle, why does it have rules? Because it would be bad rep for skial if one of their servers didn't even have any rules? Know what else looks bad for skial? Denying a suggestion that only pertains to idle even though that suggestion was supported by people who actually are regs on idle and all of the small oppositions were from people who haven't even played on idle since that suggestion became relevant.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm tired of the "it's idle" excuse.

If it's idle, why does it have rules? Because it would be bad rep for skial if one of their servers didn't even have any rules? Know what else looks bad for skial? Denying a suggestion that only pertains to idle even though that suggestion was supported by people who actually are regs on idle and all of the small oppositions were from people who haven't even played on idle since that suggestion became relevant.
I play on idle on and off and I like the grapple, I -1'd this suggestion thinking it was for Trade. I changed to a +1 a few minutes ago noticing I fucked up, if it is really causing problems then it shouldn't be in the server.

Deleted

Positively Inhumane Poster
+1

I'm sorry to say but there are a lot of people that like to actually play on idle surprisingly. I used to a lot and there is a huge community of people that do. So treating it as if it is insignificant it pretty ludicrous. You literally have multiple people from idle saying it ruins their game, and the point of the Skial admins is to improve the experience of the players, whether you agree with them or not. Also, from my previous experience, when people camp in the skybox it is extremely annoying. And I don't know if you can still use the teles to get into spawn but if you can that would be even worse. So please just help everyone out and remove it.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
For the record if most of the people want it gone then I'm fine with it being removed myself

I'd hate to see it go but wanting to keep it in when the majority of others want it out seems selfish