Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Let's be honest some game's people just drag on the round unnecessarily to the point the server can just become unplayable with the wrong warden I feel that all wardens should at least make an attempt to command the prisoners in this game mode. Also after reading this your probably thinking I'm just butt hurt after playing jailbreak and to answer this all I can say is just go play jailbreak and experience it your self then reply to the thread.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The thing about free day is that its used as a default, anarchy scenario in case something goes wrong on the blu's/warden's end. For example if the warden is afk for the beginning of the round until the 7 minute mark, dies, leaves the server, etc. then it automatically becomes free day for the round since the warden's commands are the only thing that provide a sense of order in JB. Because of this, removing free day would ultimately result in us having to recreate the game mechanics from scratch since so much of the game is based around free day to begin with. I understand how it can be frustrating dealing with multiple rounds of free day when several people don't want to be warden, and not playing the game the way its meant to be played, but simply removing free day altogether isn't the way to go at it IMO.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I approve of this movement.

TL: DR - I find that Fang's objective to remove the ability to freeday ability from JB would make games more interesting, less time consuming, and less report troublesome.

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The thing about free day is that its used as a default, anarchy scenario in case something goes wrong on the blu's/warden's end. For example if the warden is afk for the beginning of the round until the 7 minute mark, dies, leaves the server, etc. then it automatically becomes free day for the round since the warden's commands are the only thing that provide a sense of order in JB. Because of this, removing free day would ultimately result in us having to recreate the game mechanics from scratch since so much of the game is based around free day to begin with. I understand how it can be frustrating dealing with multiple rounds of free day when several people don't want to be warden, and not playing the game the way its meant to be played, but simply removing free day altogether isn't the way to go at it IMO.
I see where your coming from but still I have played enough jailbreak to see that if there is no order at all the round go's on and on and on while multiple player's who want to play the game are stuck spectating watching the shenanigan's of free killing or just plain being friendly to guard's .

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I see where your coming from but still I have played enough jailbreak to see that if there is no order at all the round go's on and on and on while multiple player's who want to play the game are stuck spectating watching the shenanigan's of free killing or just plain being friendly to guard's .
The obvious solution is to not die. I know it gets boring watching free days but there needs to be a reward for killing the warden by evading guards and killing the buffed warden. Free day is the easiest and without a person to give orders is pretty much the only way to reward the prisoners

Fang

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The obvious solution is to not die. I know it gets boring watching free days but there needs to be a reward for killing the warden by evading guards and killing the buffed warden. Free day is the easiest and without a person to give orders is pretty much the only way to reward the prisoners
True but there are to many people stretching the round's unnecessarily on free day's.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
True but there are to many people stretching the round's unnecessarily on free day's.
Endure. It's about 5 minutes so it shouldn't take that long. You could always talk to people on the server or join TS to pass the time while dead

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think removing them is the way to go, but man I can vouch for them being boring after several rounds.

Most people really enjoy them and think freeday is good, I disagree but I think making freeday a invalid order would make people a bit upset.

Endure. It's about 5 minutes so it shouldn't take that long. You could always talk to people on the server or join TS to pass the time while dead

This also helps, trading or talking on TS while dead really passes the time. I did it for 1-2 hours with the gang yesterday.