Link

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Pretty unfun to play and has a maze part that is way too difficult to navigate on your own, it doesn't even have a minigame or humiliation. It's also really short and lame.

Last edited:

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Absolutely remove. One of the worst maps I've seen.
It's being played at the moment because to new players like my self on DR servers, the name of the map is unfamiliar, but it's broken and not fun.

+1

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
What is wrong with the map specifically?
No end goal.
You normally do DR's with the premise of there being a minigame, humiliation or just even a soviet run. This map offers nothing after the torture of actually playing, just "rounds over"

The maze part is nigh on impossible unless you know the way beforehand - which most do not and this ends up killing half, or more, of the server off.

The last maze part is enough to send anyone with epilepsy into hospital for the night.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Epilepsy sounds pretty bad and should warrant fixing, everything else seems to be valid criticism of the map lacking features other more popular maps have.

I can try fixing the epilepsy problem at least

Edit: Yeah, fuck the first maze

Edit 2: Fuck the last maze too, made me sick; +1

Reactions: Link

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
You can use decals from bullets and sprays to navigate the maze. Spray or shoot the edges of the tile you are standing on and if the decal also projects onto the adjacent tile, it's safe to proceed.

Marioworld is like a piece of history, as it's an old map that's been restored and brought back. It's a true redux because it hasn't had any changes. It comes from a time when endings weren't expected, and the traps themselves were the focus of the map.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
You can use decals from bullets and sprays to navigate the maze. Spray or shoot the edges of the tile you are standing on and if the decal also projects onto the adjacent tile, it's safe to proceed.

Marioworld is like a piece of history, as it's an old map that's been restored and brought back. It's a true redux because it hasn't had any changes. It comes from a time when endings weren't expected, and the traps themselves were the focus of the map.
All accounts, its a great looking map, definitely screams high quality, first maze isn't to my taste, but I don't see how the last maze doesn't make anyone sick

Sir Trooper

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Mapper
Well half the time the red spawns under the map at spawn for starters and the map has so many bugs, especially at the moving blocks were you can actually go into the tunnel.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Well half the time the red spawns under the map at spawn for starters and the map has so many bugs, especially at the moving blocks were you can actually go into the tunnel.
That isn't a map problem, it was a server problem that should be fixed now

Bottiger

Administrator
That isn't a map problem, it was a server problem that should be fixed now

It actually turned out to be the map's fault. The author did some sketchy hex editing on the bsp to prevent decompilation which caused the issue as well as making things go through walls until the server was rebooted.

I am not sure if he will remove it since it seems like he really wants anti-decompile in the map.