Glitchponi

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hope I put this in the right place.

On this map there is an easter egg that allows spies with the invisi-watch to get into the Hale area, as well as 2 rooms where they can't be killed without suiciding or being vote slayed (where everyone usually votes No because this is somehow hilarious to them), due to this rounds are usually delayed for their full durarion due to friendly Hales.

The actual map itself is nearly impossible due to being a 'parkour' map like Pirate Adventure, the kind of dr map where everybody dies even during a free run.

IN1yHBf.png

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
You may report for spies or the Hale's for friendlying and refusing to advance their team. So if this doesn't get accepted (i don't think it will) you have more options.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Gonna tag @Bottiger since this is a big issue with the map

In the mean time, until we can get it fixed or removed, if you see anyone doing this add one of us admins and we'll come in and take care of the players doing it

Here's our admin steam group where you can add us from https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins

You can also report the players here on the forum too in the report section

Bottiger

Administrator
The map is supposed to be difficult. Would it fix the problem if we just disabled dead ringer on this map?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The map is supposed to be difficult. Would it fix the problem if we just disabled dead ringer on this map?

All forms of the spy cloak on death run reduce damage taken by a lot if I recall correctly, I assume this is allowing them to go into areas that would otherwise kill them allowing them to sneak their way into hale's area

I think all forms of cloak would have to be disabled on that map to fix this since the other invisible watches give large damage reduction too, not just the dead ringer

Skiffy

Contributor
Reporting will not work because different people do it every single round, pretty sure it would just end up like 50% of deathrunners being banned, if not will always happen no matter how hard we try to stop it.

Removing all cloak watches on that map is the fix.

(Also I love how I made a thread stating the issue aswell but it just straight died)

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Reporting will not work because different people do it every single round, pretty sure it would just end up like 50% of deathrunners being banned, if not will always happen no matter how hard we try to stop it.

Once people start getting banned for 1 day then 3 days then 1 week in large numbers people will instinctively learn that this exploit is bannable and mostly stop doing this. Things like this happen in cycles. Everyone starts doing it, a large number of people are punished, everyone stops doing it so they wont be banned. Banning people is the main way servers deal with exploits and is pretty effective at keeping the number culprits down. the problem runs in when we find that the admins can not always be on and people don't report the incidents. then people begin to think they can get away with it and the cycle repeats. You don't have to report every single person but you can try and get a bunch of them.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Removing all the cloak items for spy in my thought is the right way to go.

Glitchponi

Would it fix the problem if we just disabled dead ringer on this map?
The dead ringer is already disabled on deathrun, the problem is the invisi-watch gives damage resistance while active allowing players to get into this area.

I could try reporting but there are just too many people doing this, I don't really want to flood the reports board with a dozen players everytime this map pops up.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We could see if one of the mappers would be willing to block the area off somehow

This way the spy cloak doesn't have to be disabled either