• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm pretty sure this is just a minor setback until Max releases a new version, and VACs don't apply to IPs so it seems more symbolic than anything.

Still, I do like it when dorks in UGC get publicly taken down a peg.
Additionally, Max stopped developing lmaobox before the VAC wave which is why he isn't banned.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Actually that video i posted earlier today in this thread is from Maxbox's new youtube account where he teaches how to spot hackers (no seriously.)

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
A vac ban disallows trading right? Does this mean, with the high amount of keys and metal that are now unusable, that the tf2 currency prices will change.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't think it disallows trading but it does delete every item they didn't buy with real money from their backpack

Someone.

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I don't think it disallows trading but it does delete every item they didn't buy with real money from their backpack
This seems to have been changed this VAC wave. It now does the same thing as CSGO VAC bans- Items are kept in the inventory, but they have a permanent trade ban for that game.

How does that work?
If someone buys a key and trades it for items, would it get removed?
IIRC, yes.

Last edited:

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
This seems to have been changed this VAC wave. It now does the same thing as CSGO VAC bans- Items are kept in the inventory, but they have a permanent trade ban for that game.
that's kind of a letdown; what Valve should do on top of that is
  • delete cheaters' Limited items, Golden/Australium weapons, and traded Genuine items
  • remove all strange counters from all items
  • downgrade their Haunted and Collector's items to Unique (again, increasing their value in the trading communities)
  • change any and all Unusual Effects to something lame
  • change the Grade and Wear of all Decorated items to a new cheaters-only Grade and Wear named Child-Friendly and Jury-Rigged respectively
  • change all Festive items to use an alternate model depicting the lights being broken

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
over 200 accounts got banned on etf2l as well, although no high level players were in that list (because europe rocks)

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
that's kind of a letdown; what Valve should do on top of that is

• delete cheaters' Limited items, Golden/Australium weapons, and traded Genuine items
    remove all strange counters from all items
    downgrade their Haunted and Collector's items to Unique (again, increasing their value in the trading communities)
    change any and all Unusual Effects to something lame
    change the Grade and Wear of all Decorated items to a new cheaters-only Grade and Wear named Child-Friendly and Jury-Rigged respectively
    change all Festive items to use an alternate model depicting the lights being broken

With a VAC and trade ban, those items are pretty much rendered useless, as you can't use them anymore (well, on VAC servers at least), and you can't trade them away.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
maxbox never developed the cheat nor was ever part of the team. He just made videos about it of his own will.

Also, I posted this earlier and I am suprised nobody noticed it, but yes, the developer did say he would not work on it anymore. Concerning items, they remain in the account but they become untradable and unmarketable

1RJKVB9.png

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
With a VAC and trade ban, those items are pretty much rendered useless, as you can't use them anymore (well, on VAC servers at least), and you can't trade them away.
I know, but their continued existence will kinda fuck with TF2's item counts.

plus, I get paranoid about the stupidest things. for instance:
suppose that Valve will do something special every time a now-unobtainable (sans-trading) item ceases to exist and they remove it from the schema. (it has never happened yet, you can't prove they wont do anything or even keep it in the schema)
now suppose that someday the last few of some limited item are all abandoned on VAC-banned accounts.

stupid shit aside:
I checked the backpacks of a few of the recently banned accounts linked from the ugcleage forum post. so far their items are still tagged as tradable/marketable and I found no indication of any trade-bans (at least, not yet)

Valve's support page regarding items and VAC-bans still currently states that TF2 backpacks will be emptied

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know, but their continued existence will kinda fuck with TF2's item counts.

plus, I get paranoid about the stupidest things. for instance:
suppose that Valve will do something special every time a now-unobtainable (sans-trading) item ceases to exist and they remove it from the schema. (it has never happened yet, you can't prove they wont do anything or even keep it in the schema)
now suppose that someday the last few of some limited item are all abandoned on VAC-banned accounts.

stupid shit aside:
I checked the backpacks of a few of the recently banned accounts linked from the ugcleage forum post. so far their items are still tagged as tradable/marketable and I found no indication of any trade-bans (at least, not yet)

Valve's support page regarding items and VAC-bans still currently states that TF2 backpacks will be emptied

I don't believe TF2 items get deleted until you open your inventory... plus if I recall correctly it only removes items you did not purchase.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Word on the street is that one of the owners of a clean Burning Team Captain got VAC'd in the wave.

Lol.
Did you read his essay, basically saying that he purposely got banned as it was the only way he could quit TF2. The poor thing, let's all feel sorry for him...

I read it.

It read like somebody trying to come to grips with losing 20k USD in an instant due to his own shitty actions.

He may wind up dining on a bullet when the realization hits him that he just lost 20k that he will never get back over stupid shit that was entirely his fault, and his alone.:alone: