• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Today there was a very large vac wave of tf2 players using or had used lmaobox. A bunch of these were involved in ugc, in fact, the snipers for the winning teams of silver, gold and platinum were all banned. It's up in the air over why this happened now, but people are thinking that valve went back and is banning manually, I have no idea though. It's good to see this happen, but I have been told and I fear that there are still more cheaters, especially in the higher levels of ugc.

I hate to link to another forum, but it explains it well.

list of banned ugc players

and lmaobox is over.
1RJKVB9.png

Last edited:

FISH KILL

Wicked Nasty Engineer
LOL KEV GOT BANNED. I always thought that asshole was cheating. He played a lot on KSG and MicSnobs.

Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I swear to God, being called a cheater these days is like being called a witch back in the middle ages.

Anyways, glad to see high-level cheaters go. Also, seriously, screw LMAOBox.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
list of all the ugc players banned if you wish

also here is a little update, post taken directly from the ugc forum thread. It looks to be a smilar situation to KQLY in csgo, they reported a before unkown hack and added it to the list and now a lot of people are getting banned, although it is most likely in conjunction with them doing something with lmaobox.
FIRnMGQ.png

and lmaobox has been discontinued by the owner, although im not sure if the source code is released.
1RJKVB9.png

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Not all lmaobox users have been banned, I am positive of this. I know a few who used it and were not banned. Just all users within a certain time frame were banned, you can read the thread for that, I think it was about a month long time frame of either this year or last.

Maxbox has been a bit of an attention whore, sure, he did help to get rid of a ton and there is no discounting that. But not all are gone, far from it, but the hack will most likely not be usable.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not all lmaobox users have been banned, I am positive of this. I know a few who used it and were not banned. Just all users within a certain time frame were banned, you can read the thread for that, I think it was about a month long time frame of either this year or last.

Maxbox has been a bit of an attention whore, sure, he did help to get rid of a ton and there is no discounting that. But not all are gone, far from it, but the hack will most likely not be usable.
You know not all were banned because YOU USE IT TOO AAAAAAAAAAAAH

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
I swear to God, being called a cheater these days is like being called a witch back in the middle ages.

Anyways, glad to see high-level cheaters go. Also, seriously, screw LMAOBox.

I got called a cheater a couple of nights ago.

I was playing soldier.

Lol.

Zedacht

Mildly Menacing Medic
PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR AND GABE NUWEL WHO DELIVERED US FROM HACKERS
SACRIFICE YOUR UNSUALS PEOPLE ( or give them to me i'm a priest of gaben's church you can trust me )

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm pretty sure this is just a minor setback until Max releases a new version, and VACs don't apply to IPs so it seems more symbolic than anything.

Still, I do like it when dorks in UGC get publicly taken down a peg.

Zedacht

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm pretty sure this is just a minor setback until Max releases a new version, and VACs don't apply to IPs so it seems more symbolic than anything.

Still, I do like it when dorks in UGC get publicly taken down a peg.
the devlopper announced that he will stop working on lmaobox there will be no other version of it