Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
+1

i didnt convince him to do this it is just the smartest thing to do

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1 if just FF gets it, please separate the map pools.

FF wants maps that play better for FF/are enjoyed more by the FF playerbase that don't get added because VSH doesn't want it/doesn't play well on it/etc.
VSH wants maps that play better for VSH/are enjoyed more by the VSH playerbase that don't get added because FF doesn't want it/doesn't play well on it/etc.

FF and VSH are balanced differently enough that due to the aforementioned point, having a general map pool for both just waters down and hurts both servers.
Giving each their own map pool will allow them specialize more and cater to their respective/prospective communities more effectively and incentivize potential playerbase growth/retention.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Giving each their own map pool will allow them specialize more and cater to their respective/prospective communities more effectively and incentivize potential playerbase growth/retention.

I don't think that's wise. The playerbase for both game modes is not that large and if people start making maps that are incompatible with 1 or the other game mode, you're going to have fewer maps to play on.

If there is a boss that doesn't work on a particular map, then people can just pick a different boss.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
I don't think that's wise. The playerbase for both game modes is not that large and if people start making maps that are incompatible with 1 or the other game mode, you're going to have fewer maps to play on.

If there is a boss that doesn't work on a particular map, then people can just pick a different boss.

The biggest difference between FF2 and VSH2 right now is the knockback.

This can significantly change how a map plays, even disregarding the boss chosen.