Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Bumping this since we lost a few maps and apparently got 3 maps that was added without any of them going through suggestions or any kind of mention on the discord server either, and as well that 2 of the 3 maps are pretty mediocre for both sides, and Brewery is a decent map that was added.

Just wanting a solid answer to this map suggestion.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Patience herp. The holy skial map makers have yet to weigh in on this conversation. As a messenger and representative of these higher beings, I bring you the opinion of some of the greatest minds, not only of our time but possibly the greatest minds humanity will ever receive. "Thou shalt add vsh_spaaaaace_v1_fix_s3, it has been deemed worthy of our time and deserves to be played by the lucky few who are on FF2. Turret testing has also been seen as worthy, and should be promptly added as not having this god given creation of a map is simply heresy for what we stand for.".

DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Q4tJyBJ.png

UIYrWYI.png

I don't know if it would get approved mates. I'm still hoping and coping for it

Whurr

Uncharitable Spy
Q4tJyBJ.png

UIYrWYI.png

I don't know if it would get approved mates. I'm still hoping and coping for it

lol it's never gonna get added, might as well auto-decline all VSH/FF2 map suggestions if you're just gonna add maps based on how popular they are on other communities. (especially since the map pools in other community servers are vetted to what works with their boss/weapon balancing, not what maps are the most popular.)
the whole point of map suggestions (for vsh/ff2 imo) is to test to see how much of your community likes the map in question in the suggestion, and if enough people like it, the map gets added to the rotation. the method you are using now just means other communities, if they cared enough, can just manipulate you into adding maps that play poorly/badly on skial, and you won't do anything about it because "the stats say it's popular on other community servers" even when the majority of people are telling you to remove the map from rotation. just because it's popular does not mean it'll play well/good.

"by purposefully avoiding the server, you are going to make it worse"
gee it's almost like all the people that hate cinema leave the server when the next map is cinema!!!
even if you vote against cinema anytime it comes up it still wins anyway because someone on mic keeps screeching at others to vote for cinema.
RTV won't do anything since over 70% of the server is taken up by people with cinema brainworms and you need at least 51% of the server to RTV in order to get off the worst map in the server's map pool. and that's assuming people also nominated enough maps for the "don't change" option to not appear, which doesn't happen every time.
the only reason why cinema even remains "popular" is because of rank. if rank did not exist, cinema would simply not be in the map pool.

s9491

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
replace ratsaxxxy it's horrible literally no one likes it i think it's dead last now already. at least we know some people like spaaaaace.

also whatever changes were made to castle siege have made it much worse since you can't climb the ladders now. those towers were a big element of the map and important for engineers.

• Sad
Reactions: Zeke Aileron

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
lol it's never gonna get added, might as well auto-decline all VSH/FF2 map suggestions if you're just gonna add maps based on how popular they are on other communities. (especially since the map pools in other community servers are vetted to what works with their boss/weapon balancing, not what maps are the most popular.)
the whole point of map suggestions (for vsh/ff2 imo) is to test to see how much of your community likes the map in question in the suggestion, and if enough people like it, the map gets added to the rotation. the method you are using now just means other communities, if they cared enough, can just manipulate you into adding maps that play poorly/badly on skial, and you won't do anything about it because "the stats say it's popular on other community servers" even when the majority of people are telling you to remove the map from rotation. just because it's popular does not mean it'll play well/good.

it's like this in deathrun as well where people will literally vote for shit maps just so they can do either a specific exploit or some random feature of the map that makes it somehow enjoyable.

Reactions: The Best Bast