HeadfulOfSandvich

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Why is this a thing? I work hard, get my 4 heads and have full health as a demoknight, and still die to one shot because hale has random crits. Is it possible to just disable it for just the person playing as hale? Because if so, this has been an issue for a long time. If not, then just outright disabling random crits on vsh would be fine. Botty, pls.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This has been reported before, it sometimes resets with some updates i think? If i'm correct, giving hale random crits is an option in the plugin.

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Most weapons have crits already, wouldn't affect much to remove random crits. All melees have crits except spy knives, which don't crit unless backstab.
+1

Edit: HIMYM, Hale has had random crits since I first played on our server probably two years ago

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1, I used to play on Saxton hale alot. It is a pain when hale 1 hit kills you when he should not be able to.

Fish

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Last time this came up, there was no way of removing hale's crits without removing random crits for the other people on the server, so random crits were kept.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Cvars:
You can find all the cvars in tf/cfg/sourcemod/SaxtonHale.cfg
hale_speed (Default: 360) - Saxton Hale's speed (max is 400)
hale_rage_damage (Default: 800.0) - Damaged needed for Rage activation.
hale_rage_dist (Default: 800) - Saxton Hale's Rage will effect on x inches (1/4 from this for Vagineer's Rage effect)
hale_announce (Default: 120) - Time between info about the mode. 0 = disable announce.
hale_specials 1/0 (Default: 1) - Special characters on/off.
hale_point_type 1/0 (Default: 0) - Select condition to enable point (0 - alive players, 1 - time).
hale_point_alive (Default: 5) (for hale_point_type 0) - Enable control points when there are X people left alive.
hale_point_delay (Default: 6) (for hale_point_type 1) - Additional time delay per player before point's activation. Cap time is (45 + hale_point_delay*(active players - 1)) seconds.
hale_enabled (Default: 1) - Do you really want set it to 0? Well now you can. Because it used to not work before, but now it does.
hale_crits (Default: 1) - Allows/disallows Hale from being able to deal random critical hits.
hale_ragesentrydamagemode (Default: 1) - If 0, to repair a sentry that has been damaged by rage, the Engineer must pick it up and put it back down.
hale_first_round (Default 0) - If it's 0, first round will be default arena.
hale_circuit_stun (Default 0) - Time, in seconds, for the Short Circuit to stun Hale.
hale_spec_force_boss (Default 0) - If 1, VSH will count spectators as normal players and will allow them to gain queue points, but they will also be forced to be Hale when their turn comes. If 0, spectators are ignored completely, gain no queue points, and will not be selected as Hale.
hale_enable_eureka (Default 0) - Set to 1 to allow the Eureka Effect in VSH.
hale_force_team (Default 0) - As explained in the Tips section above, determines which team Hale is placed on. Setting this to 0 causes Hale to be on a random team UNLESS the map is a vsh_ map, in which case he is always BLU. Setting it to 1 causes it to be completely random. Setting it to 2 causes Hale to be on RED all the time, and setting it to 3 causes Hale to be on BLU all the time. The default is 0.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1

Hadn't even realized that Hale didn't isntakill. And crits are BS, so it would be nice to have them removed.