Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is a new problem that was raised by Hale's hp being lowered. When I was Hale and went to kill the reds in the humiliation trap in Office, the reds actually managed to kill me using a sticky trap. Being at 500 HP would make it fairly easy for the reds to kill Hale nearly every time in a fighting scenario. Since that map requires those reds to be killed in that trap to end the round and is very popular, Hale's HP will either have to be raised to prevent this from happening, that trap would have to be removed, or there would have to be some sort of warning to prevent Hales from using that trap. There are similar traps on other maps that would also be problematic due to the lowered HP. Demo of this below.

Now, this means dr_dlux will be messed up again. I believe that removing this map will be for the better, as even though VSH wasn't insta-win for Hale, the minigames got played nearly every round, and it was only actually Death Run for maybe 3 times out of 10 or so rounds. A DR map that isn't usually DR kind of ruins the whole point. Demo of these repeated minigames below.

Office Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/01s2718caiqminc/office.dem
Dlux Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/i6j8jz0x97168z8/dlux.dem

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
dr_dlux_nightfall should just be removed if Hales HP is a problem on it. +1

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Then how much hp should Hale have?

1 HP would make sure Hale doesn't have an advantage, but also make the VSH mini game even easier for red team. To be honest, the map is probably not worth keeping on the server from what I've heard people say.

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Okay, so, reducing Hale's HP to 25 helped in no way at all and actually made one of the mini games virtually unplayable as Hale. In Skyfall, Hale will die from fall damage, but the other mini games are still the same as Hale only takes 1 damage per hit. dlux_nightfall should definitely be removed.

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
But reaver just said there are mini games where you only take 1 damage.

Hale only takes a certain amount of damage depending on his HP it seems. When he had his normal HP, he'd take 500 damage per hit and with 500 HP he took 25 damage. 25 HP is indeed 1 damage per hit.

Bottiger

Administrator
Then what you mean is that the trap does 5% of hale's HP per hit.

I am not sure I can fix that then because I don't remember seeing any percentage damage scaling in the saxton hale code. There would be no point in scaling up hale's hp per player if this was the case.

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Then what you mean is that the trap does 5% of hale's HP per hit.

I am not sure I can fix that then because I don't remember seeing any percentage damage scaling in the saxton hale code. There would be no point in scaling up hale's hp per player if this was the case.

The best thing to do is remove the Simon Says and Jump mini games I think, since those are the broken ones thanks to Hale damage.