Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have looked everywhere and can find nothing. The people who have the problem don't have the problem I have. They got the game crashing when they start it. Mine starts fine, I play it for around 10 - 20 mins and it crashes. With the error: Rage has stopped working.
My Specs:
ADM Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
8.00 GB
64-bit Operating System
and my graphics card: GTX 550Ti Geforce

Note I can play most games at High guilty with no problem.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does it still crash when you play the game at a lower quality?

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is the crash occurring at a specific event in the game? How exactly to does the game crash (i.e. does the game close, freeze, or glitch the hell out and then close)?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is the crash occurring at a specific event in the game? How exactly to does the game crash (i.e. does the game close, freeze, or glitch the hell out and then close)?
Nope. I can be driving one second, and it will freeze for 3 seconds and crash. It happens anywhere in the game. No specific point, no real warning. Just freeze and crash.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Open Event Viewer:

W7ZLIst.jpg

syVTix3.jpg

Find crash error. It should look something like that (in my case it was Red Alert 3 crashing, hence the name - ra3):

PBaLUWG.jpg

Take a screenshot and post it here.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I will also try putting this game on my laptop when I got time, to see if it happens on that too.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
Looks like a problem with the Nvidia OpenGL DLL. Try upgrading/reinstalling your graphics driver.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
nvoglv32.dll is related to NVidia OpenGL driver. Reinstall your graphics card driver. If it doesn't help - roll back to the older version of the driver.

EDIT: ninja'd by tux.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Alright guys thanks. Ill try this later due to im leaving today. Ill give you any reports if this works or not as soon as I can do this.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Okay, so I got it working for longer. But its crashing again and I reinstalled my driver and got it to the latest update. If I was to down grade I would not be sure what to down grade it to.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If I was to down grade I would not be sure what to down grade it to.
NVidia gives you a list of drivers for your card:

6nOXMCC.jpg

Try downgrading one-by-one. Make sure you install only driver and PhysX; do not install all this additional crap (e.g. Experience, Audio, 3D and so on). Also, make sure your GPU is not overheating.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would like to just add to this that the game is notorious for crashing relentlessly. It might not even be your computer. Just wanted to put that out there.