• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

alopias

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hi! I've been playing Skial Deathrun for few years now, but this is my first time on these forums. I played a ton on the hmx Deathrun server from around 2013-2016, and migrated to Skial after it shut down. There's a couple of details I've always felt like hmx had that Skial should consider implementing. I don't mean this in any disrespect to Skial, as I love both the server and its community. With that being said, these are just two pretty small QoL changes I think could help.
  • Weapons with mini-crit and crit boosts should just be brought back down to normal. I know that this is left over from Skial building their DR off the VSH mod, but it doesn't really make sense in DR outside of fight minigames. Some people like to inspect weapon skins when they're playing, and the crit effects really make it hard to see those outside of prerounds.
  • 'Banned' weapons should be enabled to have out with the stats disabled. This kinda goes hand-in-hand with the first idea. If someone's got a sick Unusual Medigun or a Robo-Sandvich, they deserve to show that off. Hmx was able to remove healing with both of those items still being enabled, although I'm not sure how. As for a-posing, I'm not at all trying to restrict people from doing that. Maybe there could be a loadout through the Skial menu that could allow people to still a-pose.
Thanks for hearing me out here!

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
'Banned' weapons should be enabled to have out with the stats disabled. This kinda goes hand-in-hand with the first idea. If someone's got a sick Unusual Medigun or a Robo-Sandvich, they deserve to show that off. Hmx was able to remove healing with both of those items still being enabled, although I'm not sure how. As for a-posing, I'm not at all trying to restrict people from doing that. Maybe there could be a loadout through the Skial menu that could allow people to still a-pose.
Restricted weapons are restricted for reasons. Primarily to prevent exploiting which DR players love to do

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

alopias

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Restricted weapons are restricted for reasons. Primarily to prevent exploiting which DR players love to do
I completely understand that, and don't mean to suggest that exploiters should be allowed to run rampant. But weapon functions can be disabled without completely removing the weapons. That's why I mentioned messing with their stats instead of just completely taking them away.