Toxik

Contributor
I've been putting off this project for about two-three years now lelel In case you haven't been on the Internet lately, it's basically this:
in_case_of_zombies___break_glass_by_scattergunsniper-d4mnpn7.jpg
breaks.jpg

There are hundreds of different ones out there, some people have made quite a lot of money making and selling them

Since we've got a few talented people on Skial, I've been wondering if I could get some craft tips/suggestions.

First of all, what's the name of that box and where do I get one? D:

Second, what should I use to write the "in case of zombies break glass"? Tape, stencil and spray paint,.. ?

Third, what do you think would look best in the case?
I don't know whether I want to go for something neat like a BB shotgun, or if I want to go more realistic and have a small handgun with a machete and the Zombie Survival Guide book (I have two, one I got a while ago and the second one signed by Max Brooks with my name :D)

Cheerios deerios

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
use some template thing for the letters (i don't know where to get it tho) and then you can spray paint it on.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
You're going to want to buy a shadowbox from an arts/crafts store. While you're there pick up some fabric to cover the back. Red in a black box would look nice.
Vinyl letters would be your best bet for the glass.

Reactions: Toxik

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Seconded on the shadow box, these were pretty popular among my buddies in the military for displaying uniforms/medals/etc. Displaying a gun is the same thing :P

ffs do me a favor and don't go putting an actual gun in there. One, it's expensive and two, if anyone ever breaks into your house they have a free, unlocked gun. Use an airsoft or something and paint the tip black. Please don't take offense to me saying this, some people really ARE this dumb so we have to cover these bases.

Toxik

Contributor
You're going to want to buy a shadowbox from an arts/crafts store. While you're there pick up some fabric to cover the back. Red in a black box would look nice.
Vinyl letters would be your best bet for the glass.
SHADOWBOX! Finally, I know what those are called.
I've gone to a Jo Ann store but didn't find any, do you know any big chain store that would sell it?
Seconded on the shadow box, these were pretty popular among my buddies in the military for displaying uniforms/medals/etc. Displaying a gun is the same thing :p

ffs do me a favor and don't go putting an actual gun in there. One, it's expensive and two, if anyone ever breaks into your house they have a free, unlocked gun. Use an airsoft or something and paint the tip black. Please don't take offense to me saying this, some people really ARE this dumb so we have to cover these bases.
Lolol living in WA, I technically could put a real gun in there, but it would be a $800 display case which would probably not be very fun to open if someone actually does break into my house and me needing the gun
I was planning on using a BB gun, I have a few but I'd rather pay $40 for a neat, realistic looking one online than use the old crap I've got

I don't know whether I want to go for something neat like a BB shotgun, or if I want to go more realistic and have a small handgun with a machete and the Zombie Survival Guide book (I have two, one I got a while ago and the

I got to say if you would make these to sell them, if you had a smaller gun with the Survival Guide Book next to it, I would buy it solely for the amazing comical effect with the reputation of that book. Sounds pretty awesome to have it on my wall.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You should stick some zombie survival guide manual in it if you make one.