• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
He was using something try to bypass the sv_cheats restriction, to allow himself to use things such as wireframe, etc.

Bottiger

Administrator
The sv_cheats detection is the only one that doesn't have a false positive.

If people want to give him another chance, then I'm fine with that.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You know, I hate to say it, but Ruelel might be right. Scrambles the Death Dealer (not Lord Scrambles) is somebody who's been here a LONG time, is a decent player, and not the sort that you would figure would hack. It's kinda weird that he would be caught by SMAC.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i have to agree with bottiger. there isn't really a way to get a false positve, if it did we would be getting a lot more bans for that, when we only have so few bans by svcheat

and him not protesting his ban doesn't really help his case.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i find it odd that he has tried connecting to skial 16 times, but has never come here to protest his ban

to answer your question. no decision has been madde, besides keeping his ban on

Bottiger

Administrator
It was an error with the database that Bottiger caught and corrected.

He wasn't incorrectly banned. It's just that he somehow got into Dustbowl after being banned, and the sourcebans plugin failed to boot him.

I don't think SMAC made a mistake. It has been 8 days since the last sv_cheats ban out of the thousands of players we have every day. You'd think if there was a false positive, it would be banning people every day now.

http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=sv_cheats&advType=reason

D@hveed

Unremarkable User
Hey.

Thanks Ruelel for posting this. I dont even come on to the boards! Thanks to TC for bringing this to my attention.

Basically I had buddy come over who also is a TF2 freak. We were actually heading off somewhere but I needed to get ready so already having my tf2 up and logged in I told James to go ahead and play. I told him to log onto Skial US21under my favs because I play that server all the time.

By the time I got out of the shower, I notice he was playing in third person? I didnt even know that was possible. But shortly after that I was banned. I dont know how he did it. Im still pretty pissed about it because I dont do anything to get banned. Especially on a server that frequent like every day.

I didnt say anything because I figured it was pretty set in stone. Ive been on Battlegrounds :/

If there is someway to reinstate my ability to go on the server I would pretty damn thankful.

Bott if you can show mercy I would be grateful.
Im really sorry if it caused any trouble.

Thanks!

D@hveed

Unremarkable User
BTW I had to re-download all my files because I dont know what he did which took a couples hours so talk about a kick in the b@lls.

Thanks!

Bottiger

Administrator
I'll leave it up to popular vote to see if people want you unbanned. Maybe someone can make a poll.

However, I hope everyone here learns that an sv_cheats detection is infallible as I have been saying over and over again.

D@hveed

Unremarkable User
Ok thanks Bottiger.

Well I'm not sure how to get that moving.. I don't usually post to threads. Maybe like a ThreadVote?