ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
There seems to be a problem with my copy of the Synergy mod for Half-Life 2.

For the past 2 days now, I've went to launch the game, which I haven't in awhile, and I'll check my friends list and it will inform me that I'm In-Game: Synergy, then Steam quickly quits back to desktop before any window can pop up, and I go back to being online. I've verified my game, defragged the cache, even re-installed Synergy and Half-Life 2, but nothing. I went into my Steam files and tried to force the copy of hl2.exe for Synergy to start, and every time I do, it hl2s. There was an update recently for Synergy, but Joemaster, GhostDragon, and DanHack downloaded it, and they can launch it just fine. I'm thinking that a mod I setup to port with Synergy called the MINERVA: Metastasis mod might've broke something, google it for more details. Anyone know a way I can fix the problem and successfully launch Synergy?

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think i can remember but aren't you the one who had problems with cs:go too?

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Bump, I still haven't resolved the problem and still have no clue how to. The only thing left would be to completely re-install the Steam platform, but I highly doubt that'd work, and it'd be a nightmare to download all of my games again.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Move your Steamapps folder to your desktop.
Windows Key + R
appwiz.cpl
Uninstall Steam from there (this is an important step)
Restart
Download & reinstall Steam
Copy Steamapps folder back
Login

Sometimes Source games won't launch properly due to the Steam Service not loading correctly when you boot, which could be caused by a number of things. This isn't a fix-all, but it makes more sense than DX-related issues.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Move your Steamapps folder to your desktop.
Windows Key + R
appwiz.cpl
Uninstall Steam from there (this is an important step)
Restart
Download & reinstall Steam
Copy Steamapps folder back
Login

Sometimes Source games won't launch properly due to the Steam Service not loading correctly when you boot, which could be caused by a number of things. This isn't a fix-all, but it makes more sense than DX-related issues.
I've got a bad feeling that I'd fuck this up in some way, shape, or form. Good thing TeamViewer is fully updated!

Roman

Banned
Contributor
For those who come here via Google, launch the game with
-resetmounts
Then
-autoconfig
Make sure to remove them when you're done.