Nerd

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I needed 2 unique specialized killstreak weapons for the Professional Killstreak Big Kill kit I have, but when I tried to put in the unique specialized killstreak axtinguisher I bought it wouldn't let me. Why is this? Is it because they aren't tradable, or am I missing something?

Sh1dowdude

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Ok, here's how it goes:

I had a Specialized Killstreak Hitman's Heatmaker Fabricator.

- It required Killstreak Item x1 + abunch of other random loot you get from MvM.

- I collected all of the little part things, then I went and got a Killstreak Big Earner Kit(I didn't have to get a Killstreak Big Earner, I just got it because it was cheap) to apply to a random Unique Big Earner (no point in applying it to a Strange Big Earner, because once you craft your Fabricator, those items are gone so why apply it to a more expensive version?). TheKillstreak Item x1 requirement can be any Killstreak weapon, doesn't matter if it's Strange or Unique. BUT, if you're smart, you'll get a cheap Killstreak Weapon, because again, once you craft that Fabricator, the items you put into it are gone. So there's no point to trade/buy an expensive Killstreak Weapon to put in your fabricator unless you have no other choice.

- That Killstreak Big Earner counted as the "Killstreak Item x1" requirement. After I crafted all of that, I got the Specialized Killstreak Kit for the Hitman's Heatmaker. I took that Kit, and applied it to my Strange Hitman's Heatmaker. Now it's aStrange Specialized Killstreak Hitman's Heatmaker. I could've applied that kit to a Unique Hitman's Heatmaker, but eh, why not Zoidberg a Strange one?

Now, if you have a Killstreak Kit(not Specialized. Don't worry, it'll tell you), those just count killstreaks, there's no effect or "sheen" to your weapon. It doesn't count killstreaks on your weapon like a Strange weapon would count kills. It's for the server.

There's a column now on the scoreboard that keeps track of a player's CURRENT killstreak IF they're using a Killstreak weapon. It'll announce to the server that you're on a "killing-spree, rampage, etc" with subtle text at the top of the screen along with a unique sound. These announcements come at intervals of 5. If you get killed, text will show up that "blah blah has ended blah blah's killstreak" (along with what your streak was).

The Killstreak Item requirement qualities that you input into your Fabricator have nothing to do with the output. Outputs are going to be Kits. You APPLY the kits to whatever weapon you want (Strange/Vintage/Collector's/Genuine/Unique).

Professional Killstreak Fabricators work the same way, you're just putting TWO Killstreak Weapons into the Fabricator, rather than one. You're paying more for the extra effect on your character. ***I read somewhere that ONE of the "Killstreak Item x2" requirements for the Professional Fabricator has to be the SAME Killstreak weapon of the Professional Fabricator you're dealing with***

Specialized = Weapon Effect
Professional = Weapon AND Eye Effects

If you need anymore help... Read HERE

Glad I could help ~

Nerd

I know what the killstreaks do, I just have a specialized killstreak axtinguisher that won't get put in even though it is unique and spec ks.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I took liberty to look into your backpack. Your Axtinator has a "Tradable after"-tag. I am not sure wether that would actually not allow the weapon to be put in the kit, but other than that it seems everything is fine with what you have.

I'd assume the problem is the unability of trading the item, don't ask me why it would affect it tho. Just my guess mate.

[THC]Burnzy190 (aka lounge)

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
i do this killstreak stuff, you cant put the specialized weapon you bought because its not tradable, check the box top left ''show untradable items'' and then you can add your axe, but the kit you create will not be tradable untill that axe you bought and put in it becomes tradable, hope you get this resolved now.

Nerd

I took liberty to look into your backpack. Your Axtinator has a "Tradable after"-tag. I am not sure wether that would actually not allow the weapon to be put in the kit, but other than that it seems everything is fine with what you have.

I'd assume the problem is the unability of trading the item, don't ask me why it would affect it tho. Just my guess mate.
That is what I thought. I thought it would be pretty absurd for it to be that reason though.