Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I miss the good old days of playing "Let the bodies hit the floor" before the round starts to get my team ready to slaughter the enemy or maybe some Rick Astley to humilate them after a savage victory. Or other crazy shit played pre-round. Who here would like to allow this? I am not talking fully allowing full fledged mic spam. I'm talking aboout enabling HLDJ, and allowing it only pre-round and end round (times when round is no longer in play). Have basic guideline rules to keep it in check. The usual HLDJ rules. Example: One person at a time, Must stop broadcasting HLDJ as soon as round begins ect. Who else out there remembers the atmosphere this can bring to games and wants it back? Cast your votes!

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I hope you arent voting based on your taste of the songs i mentioned lol. It would be quite irrelevant to the actual vote.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Thats how it was done back in the old days prior to HLDJ. Kinda ghetto tho. You have to change your default device to use your mic for talking.
and its how you do it now.
since hldj is disabled on most servers due to a different audio codec for voice chat being used

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
and its how you do it now.
since hldj is disabled on most servers due to a different audio codec for voice chat being used
Steam News wrote:Updated voice to use the Steam voice codec to improve quality
Servers can toggle between the old codec and the new codec with the convar "sv_use_steam_voice", which defaults to 1.
You can still use the old codec, so HLDJ can in effect be enabled and disabled by changing this variable.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Steam News wrote:Updated voice to use the Steam voice codec to improve quality
Servers can toggle between the old codec and the new codec with the convar "sv_use_steam_voice", which defaults to 1.
You can still use the old codec, so HLDJ can in effect be enabled and disabled by changing this variable.
and if bottiger uses the old codec we would have to deal with micspammers all the time

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Piero I can respect the fact you don't want this which is why it was a vote. Was it really necessary to dislike the thread though? Kinda disrespectful
Well the new like/dislike system also has disagree.
So since I disagreed I voted disagree.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. If it makes you feel better I will take the disagree of your post :)

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well the new like/dislike system also has disagree.
So since I disagreed I voted disagree.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. If it makes you feel better I will take the disagree of your post :)
I dunno if it was so much feelings hurt...just seemed kinda strange that you would put ur disagree on what I wrote about old school tf2 fun. Its all good tho was juz sayin it seemed disrespectful. If u just wanted to match ur vote and make it public thats fine tho. Keep it there then.