Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As you guys may or maynot remember we had an unofficial Skial MGE Tourney not too long ago.
http://www.skial.com/threads/the-unofficial-skial-mge-tournament.13591/

Now, I'm interested in running a second tournament. This tournament would happen on a Friday or a Saturday, and I would run the brackets and do arena selection. The rules and prerequisites would stay essentially the same.

What I need is someone to sit in the server and tell me scores/tell people what arena they need to be in. It will be frustrating. You will want to kill people. You will also want to kill me. You will not participate in the tournament.

I also need pledges for startup metal for the prize pool. (Disclaimer, I will hold the prizes. I will not ask to be given the prize support until a firm date is set for the tournament. Your name will be listed on the first post along with your contribution as per the 1st Tourney.)

The server we'd play on is most likely in Chicago. So I'm sorry Euros, but participation would be an exercise in frustration. And lag.

Signups would last two weeks, and would start when this thread becomes the Official Thread of the second unofficial Skial Tourney.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I could possibly get my server up and running for MGE. I would just need to get the MOD set up for it. The server is in New Jersey, so it's a bit closer to EU. Hippo tried to use it for a UGC match and it lagged the hell out, but I'm thinking it was something to do with the config which I've hopefully resolved by now.

Reactions: JonJon

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
MGE tournys are pretty easy. The one round wonders had a little fun one a couple of days ago and we're thinking of making it a fortnight thing.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So FYI, I setup MGE. If you just connect davidweitz.com you should get it. Stats for mge are here: http://davidweitz.com/mgestats/

If you notice any lag, I think it's just the fact that I'm on a busy node and there's not much I can do about it.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
are you signing up to be tournament slaves, or for the tourney itself? I need to know that I'll have support before I do this. x.x

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
I'd sign up to be a slave and help announce the scores or whatever but I don't think she'd have me :-(

We used to be good friends too :facepalm:

however, I'll play if you need people. let me know.

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Now, I'm interested in running a second tournament. This tournament would happen on a Friday or a Saturday, and I would run the brackets and do arena selection. The rules and prerequisites would stay essentially the same.
wait... when?

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The tournament date will be set when I know I can staff a tournament.
I'd sign up to be a slave and help announce the scores or whatever but I don't think she'd have me :-(

Also, I don't feel comfortable working with you on my own. If there were one or two other people then sure whatever. I just don't want you getting thoughts in your head about me being unreasonable without there being a witness to corroborate.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The tournament date will be set when I know I can staff a tournament.

Also, I don't feel comfortable working with you on my own. If there were one or two other people then sure whatever. I just don't want you getting thoughts in your head about me being unreasonable without there being a witness to corroborate.
Scores are recorded in stats, so you don't have to spec if all you're doing is getting scores.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Scores are recorded in stats, so you don't have to spec if all you're doing is getting scores.
Not sure how that scores page works. I'd want to know the results of individual matches, not just the overall score a person has.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not sure how that scores page works. I'd want to know the results of individual matches, not just the overall score a person has.
It's by match. So if you look at the recent matches, it shows up. Also you can search for a specific person and will show each match and the score. It does track overall rating, but it's mostly by match.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's by match. So if you look at the recent matches, it shows up. Also you can search for a specific person and will show each match and the score. It does track overall rating, but it's mostly by match.
welp, i guess we should stress your server a bit and see how well it works out.