Contributor
Check it out guys, ranks were found in Steam's Translation Server:
2NGeNSZ.jpg

We'll be there soon boys and girls.

Reactions: Blaze Zorah

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to be happy for this update. But why do I feel it will just turn into Cs:Go where everyone just yells at each other and pretend ranks matter more than life. Not to mention so many weapons that people who go ape shit about the 'meta'. Unless its all stock, that would be a good idea on valves part so it makes it as even as possible.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to be happy for this update. But why do I feel it will just turn into Cs:Go where everyone just yells at each other and pretend ranks matter more than life. Not to mention so many weapons that people who go ape shit about the 'meta'. Unless its all stock, that would be a good idea on valves part so it makes it as even as possible.
We can hope, but it's pretty obvious that the TF2 team doesn't play the game considering how long it's taken them to fix some things. With that said, I'm not sure if they will ban some things or not because the way I see it, phloging or black box + concheroring to a high rank could be possible, especially if they add certain maps with tight chokes to the roster (hoodoo, turbine, etc).

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We can hope, but it's pretty obvious that the TF2 team doesn't play the game considering how long it's taken them to fix some things. With that said, I'm not sure if they will ban some things or not because the way I see it, phloging or black box + concheroring to a high rank could be possible, especially if they add certain maps with tight chokes to the roster (hoodoo, turbine, etc).
That'll turn to shit real fast if they do any of that.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If valve does not want comp to fail, they will just do it how comp is already done, but make it more wide spread.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
One thing im worried about is how many hackers are there gunna be? Hackers and Tf2 seem to love eachother, and VAC does shit to get rid of them. I got no faith valve will do overwatch like they do in cs:go

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
One thing im worried about is how many hackers are there gunna be? Hackers and Tf2 seem to love eachother, and VAC does shit to get rid of them. I got no faith valve will do overwatch like they do in cs:go

Well this is your average cs:go match:

Lamebox has been undetected for 3 years, so you can be fairly certain it'll kill competitive TF2. Valve will also most likely have a ticket system for ranked matches just like MvM and gun mettle since it's all about money. If it really was free it would literally be throwaway account hell with paid "boosting" just like cs:go has now.

popcron

Uncharitable Spy
Looks like the november 25th update was 128mb, im not gonna be surprised theres gonna be more mm related things in it.