Toxik

Contributor
Has anyone else seen this?

I don't usually back up Kickstarter projects, but if this actually works it would be worth it.
Seeing as I don't understand shit about wi-fi technology, does anyone think this would actually work or is it just another snake oil project?

"Its proprietary spectrum turbocharger technology provides access to 300% more of the radio airwaves than any other router, improving performance by as much as 300x, and range and coverage by as much as 2x in crowded settings, such as city homes and multi-unit apartments."

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The idea seems OK (even though 2.4Ghz utilizes 11 channels, not 6 like they show in this video). But the only use for this router would be offices and apartments. This router does not offer boosted range (which most of the market needs) without losing bandwidth but rather solution for congested locations (like apartments where you may have tens of WiFi routers in a tight spot interfering with each other).

On top of that, while 2.4GHz has 3 non-overlapping channels (1, 6, and 11) - 5Ghz (or 5G as you know it) has 24 non-overlapping channels.

Most consumer-oriented routers nowadays come with 5G WiFi networks. So I don't really see how this product is gonna be a break-through. Nice improvement, but not break-through.

Toxik

Contributor
At a price tag of only $150 it did seem a bit too good to be true, but since I live in an apartment complex that isn't really in a city center I guess I don't need something like that, I might as well just run a cable from my modem to my laptop to get higher speeds then
It's neat that some people are working on this though, we could always use more speed since companies like Comcast tend to already screw people over on the advertised vs delivered speed