butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Alright, this is the My Little Ponies : Friendship is Magic fanfiction thread. This thread is for you to post all of your favorite fics relating to MLP. I advise that with every post you provide a title, genres, a description and a star rating. You also, of course, need to post links to the story.

Genres
[Grimdark] [Shipping] [Comedy] [Normal] [Sad] [Adventure] [Sci-Fi] [Crossover] [Clopfic]
Grimdark - Generally speaking, stories with murder and general darkness to them.
Shipping - A story that involves two characters that fall in love.
Comedy - Stories that are centered around being funny often or not being serious at all.
Normal - Uh, yeah. Stuff you'd see in the show.
Sad - A story involving tragedy.
Adventure - A story in which the characters embark on a journey.
Sci-Fi - A story where futuristic events occur or futuristic objects are present throughout the story.
Crossover - A story where characters from other media somehow become involved with ponies.
Clopfic - Ohhh boy. A story where the characters are involved in any sexual activity that is explained in great detail. I'd like to see these stories marked with some BIG, RED TEXT.

Star rating system
Stories are to be rated on a star scale from one to five. Stories can be six if they are realllyyy that good.

Here's an example post:

Getting Lucky
[Shipping] [Comedy] [Kinda Sad]
Life takes an unexpected turn of events when Lucky and co. win the lottery and get three tickets for a luxury cruise. Unfortunately, an old friend is also aboard the boat, and his friends urge Lucky to use her for their gain.
Star rating: 6/5 (Equestria Daily gave it a 6/5!)
Getting Lucky Chapter One
Getting Lucky Chapter Two
Getting Lucky Chapter Three
Getting Lucky Chapter Four
Getting Lucky Chapter Five
Getting Lucky Chapter Six

This story gave me soo much feels when reading it. The ending is quite the tearjerker (to me, at least) and I laughed constantly throughout. The fact that this story uses background characters and OCs only the whole story is really refreshing. You get to read of new characters and form new emotional ties with them.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Story: Fallout: Equestria (Updated 100% Complete!!)

[Grimdark][Crossover][Adventure][Legendary]New Kkat approved side story!

Artist

Warning: Comments contain spoilers. In fact, the author strongly encourages spoilers in the comments.

Author: Kkat
Description: Fallout. With ponies! Set in an alternate future, one pony must learn to survive in a blasted, poisoned land... and possibly, with the aid of friends made along the way, bring new light into the darkness of post-apocalyptic Equestria.

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING
Fallout Equestria a comment thread! Hit up THIS POST for continued discussion!

Fallout: Equestria Intro
Fallout: Equestria Prologue
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 1
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 2
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 3
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 4
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 5
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 6
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 7
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 8
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 9
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 10
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 11
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 12
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 13
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 14
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 15
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 16
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 17
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 18
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 19
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 20
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 21
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 22

Fallout Equestria: Chapter 23
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 24
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 25
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 26
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 27
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 28
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 29
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 30
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 31
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 32
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 33
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 34
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 35
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 36
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 37
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 38
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 39
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 40
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 41
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 42
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 43
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 44
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 45
Fallout Equestria: Epilogue
Fallout Equestria: Afterwords (Ten Years Later) (New!)

Additional Tags: Fallout, Post-Apocalyptic, Long, OC Ponies, Adventure

Fallout Equestria Animated Comic Chapter 1
Fallout Equestria Animated Comic Chapter 2

Reactions: butterfingersman

Da_money125

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor

I'm sorry but DAYUM! Could this gal have made this any longer?!?!
I've heard its really good, but I'm not sure I could read all of that from my screen.
Maybe if a book could happen...

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm sorry but DAYUM! Could this guy have made this any longer?!?!
I've heard its really good, but I'm not sure I could read all of that from my screen.
there's an e-book download and several audiobooks.

Nothing on paper unless you feel like printing it. And she did a GREAT job of it.

N.P.P Styx

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If I don't like something, but it isn't dumb... What do I rate it?.
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DISLIKE BUTTON

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
If I don't like something, but it isn't dumb... What do I rate it?.
I'm sorry but DAYUM! Could this gal have made this any longer?!?!
It's too goddamn short. You see the ending creeping up and wish there was more.

On that note-
19198_r.jpg

Background Pony [Sad]
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/19198/Background-Pony

"My name is Lyra Heartstrings, and you will not remember me. You won't even remember this conversation. Just like with everypony else I've ever met, everything I do or say will be forgotten. Every letter I've written will appear blank; every piece of evidence I've left behind will end up missing. I'm stuck here in Ponyville because of the same curse that has made me so forgettable. Still, that doesn't stop me from doing the one thing that I love: making music. If my melodies find their way into your heart, then there is still hope for me. If I can't prove that I exist, I can at least prove that my love for each and every one of you exists. Please, listen to my story, my symphony, for it is me."

My current personal favorite. Give the first chapter a read.
Bronybro said:
It's beautiful, original, and poetic. It gets across it's message very well and contrary to popular belief it is NOT sad. I have no idea why everybody thinks that. I'm not going to go ahead and ruin the plot for you but it's a well planned, amazing story that not only beats out most of the popular fics like MLD, but blows them out of the water. I've never read something so inspiring. So if you're reading this comment, stop now and READ THAT FIC

Reactions: butterfingersman

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
It's too goddamn short. You see the ending creeping up and wish there was more.

On that note-
19198_r.jpg

Background Pony [Sad]
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/19198/Background-Pony

"My name is Lyra Heartstrings, and you will not remember me. You won't even remember this conversation. Just like with everypony else I've ever met, everything I do or say will be forgotten. Every letter I've written will appear blank; every piece of evidence I've left behind will end up missing. I'm stuck here in Ponyville because of the same curse that has made me so forgettable. Still, that doesn't stop me from doing the one thing that I love: making music. If my melodies find their way into your heart, then there is still hope for me. If I can't prove that I exist, I can at least prove that my love for each and every one of you exists. Please, listen to my story, my symphony, for it is me."

My current personal favorite. Give the first chapter a read.
You know, I'd love to give this a read. It sounds like a novel/short-story/whatever that seems to bring up typical existential questions teenagers have, which I wish was explored more in literature (most teenager novels are just fucking love stories or rape stories, Jeebus Christ). What kills it for me? The fucking ponies. Yes, I know what you might think. "You're biased pal.", maybe that, but I just really think "What was it with the novel that had to be set in the MLP universe in order to work?", plus, this sounds way to deep for a story based on a children's cartoon that's as poetic as Goof Troop, that is, barely anything. Could someone please answer that?

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
You know, I'd love to give this a read. It sounds like a novel/short-story/whatever that seems to bring up typical existential questions teenagers have, which I wish was explored more in literature (most teenager novels are just fucking love stories or rape stories, Jeebus Christ). What kills it for me? The fucking ponies. Yes, I know what you might think. "You're biased pal.", maybe that, but I just really think "What was it with the novel that had to be set in the MLP universe in order to work?", plus, this sounds way to deep for a story based on a children's cartoon that's as poetic as Goof Troop, that is, barely anything. Could someone please answer that?
I think you're underestimating the quality of some of the fan content that gets pushed.
Somehow I don't think the themes explored in this piece would have had the same impact had they been set in reality.
If there's one thing that kills me about this one, it's the fact that it IS ponies and I can't share it with every literature fan I know.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor

[Grimdark][Crossover][Adventure][Legendary]New Kkat approved side story!

Artist

Warning: Comments contain spoilers. In fact, the author strongly encourages spoilers in the comments.

Author: Kkat
Description: Fallout. With ponies! Set in an alternate future, one pony must learn to survive in a blasted, poisoned land... and possibly, with the aid of friends made along the way, bring new light into the darkness of post-apocalyptic Equestria.

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING
Fallout Equestria a comment thread! Hit up THIS POST for continued discussion!

Fallout: Equestria Intro
Fallout: Equestria Prologue
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 1
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 2
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 3
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 4
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 5
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 6
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 7
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 8
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 9
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 10
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 11
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 12
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 13
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 14
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 15
Fallout: Equestria Chapter 16
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 17
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 18
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 19
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 20
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 21
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 22

Fallout Equestria: Chapter 23
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 24
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 25
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 26
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 27
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 28
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 29
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 30
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 31
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 32
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 33
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 34
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 35
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 36
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 37
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 38
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 39
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 40
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 41
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 42
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 43
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 44
Fallout Equestria: Chapter 45
Fallout Equestria: Epilogue
Fallout Equestria: Afterwords (Ten Years Later) (New!)

Additional Tags: Fallout, Post-Apocalyptic, Long, OC Ponies, Adventure

Fallout Equestria Animated Comic Chapter 1
Fallout Equestria Animated Comic Chapter 2
Someone took liking ponies to a very scary level :V

butterfingersman

Contributor
Read this a few days ago, and I was just screaming at my computer at how cute it was and how well written everything was. Also, I'll be bringing some more fics here soon, I have wayyyy too many from two years ago until now. ^^'

Dance 'Til We're High
[Shipping]
It's five years since she first met them, and most of Twilight Sparkle's friends have found love, leaving her feeling left out and unwanted. The Winter's Eve Ball promises a magical night of mystique and romantic wonder, but will Twilight's romantic notions get the best of her? (Based on the song by the Fireman.)
Star rating: 5
Dance 'Til We're High

This fanfic is so perfectly written. Everything is written in perfect detail and the ship is really cute. The ship is not mentioned until the end, and when it is announced, it isn't served on a silver platter. The whole story, things are unfortunate for Twi, but she enjoys herself in the end, and the end is satisfying.
Not only that, but it's includes all the lyrics to a song, as a bonus!

butterfingersman

Contributor
Now, have some VERY old favorites. I have so many of these favorited in my Google docs.
Definitely some of my all-time faves!

Filling in the Missing Beats
[Shipping] [Sad]
Vinyl Scratch has had enough of being DJ P0N-3, and wishes life could be more average. Wishing to have somepony in her life, Scratch finds unexpected love in another mare. Vinyl Scratch now has to reflect upon what has happened, and must decide what she really wants after her sudden encounter with love.
Star rating: 4
Filling in the Missing Beats Chapter One
Filling in the Missing Beats Chapter Two

I don't remember this one two well, but I remember crying while reading it. The ship is in no way served on a silver platter. There are issues between the two that they have to overcome.
I really dig it because of Rainbow Dash x Vinyl Scratch. The author really writes them both very well. Vinyl is written like she is nowhere else.

[SECOND FAVORITE EVER FIC INBOUND!]
Feelings in Plain Sight
[Shipping] [Pretty long for a one-shot]
Twilight goes to Ponyville's Halloween festivities and Applejack decides to tag along. The two grow close as they mess around and explore the many things the celebration has to offer.
Star rating: 6
Feelings in Plain Sight

This. Story. Is. Perfect. Now, I remember EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS FIC AND IT IS SO AMAZING. (I read it the day it came out, April 11, 2011) The ship starts as nothing and develops into a relationship in a realistic timeframe. The story just feels real, it doesn't feel like any of those 'This is cute, but it could never happen in real life anyways.' sort of stories. It feels like it really did happen. I might be giving the story a little more praise than it should have, but I LOVED IT SO MUCH. It was actually what got my ex into ponies way back when she was. Also, it's long. Like, it took me five hours to read or something? I was reading pretty slow, though.

[FAVORITE FIC INBOUND]

The Party Never Ended
[Shipping] [Kinda Grimdark] [Kinda sad] [LONG.]
Pinkie Pie's unrequited love for Rainbow Dash reaches crisis point as she fears the party in her heart has at long last come to an end.
Star Rating: 6
The Party Never Ended Chapter One
The Party Never Ended Chapter Two
The Party Never Ended Chapter Three
The Party Never Ended Chapter Four
The Party Never Ended Chapter Five
The Party Never Ended Chapter Six
The Party Never Ended Chapter Seven
The Party Never Ended Chapter Eight
The Party Never Ended Chapter Nine
The Party Never Ended Chapter Ten
The Party Never Ended Chapter Eleven
The Party Never Ended Chapter Twelve
The Party Never Ended Chapter Thirteen

Where do I start?! The fanfiction starts out with Pinkie sad and desperate as ever and it develops even further and further and further. Everything is written in pristine detail and every character is written perfectly... Now, to do the fic some justice, it requires me to spoil some things in the plot...
Ponyville fucking falls into mass calamity and it's doomsday! An unstoppable force rolls in and it injures nearly everypony. There are multiple ships aside from the main RainbowPie. ON TOP OF IT ALL THE NEAR ENDING IS DISTURBING AND AMAZING. How Lonely gets into Pinkie's and Dash's head and makes them unable to stop her is SO AMAZING AND PERFECT AND YOU REALLY FEEL LIKE SHAKING RAINBOW TO LET HER KNOW ABOUT PINKIE'S DREAM PRESENCE.
UGH IT'S JUST SO PERFECT.
Just make sure to take some time out to read it. I read it in one night, but it did take eleven hours or so.

((Please let me know if I messed up on one of the links, I'll fix it. ^^'))

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've been reading a chapter of Fallout: Equestria every night before I start sleeping for two weeks now (14 chapters behind), and I gotta say it's just amazing.

Just amazing.

AMAZING