• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Do you think end-of-round humiliation would improve 24/7 2fort's gameplay?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joseph

Mildly Menacing Medic
I used to play many years ago when there was end of round humiliation on 2fort. It brought a sense of accomplishment to get free kills after the round-winning cap, clear out that big sewer base or to rocket-jump onto battlements and get free kills on people who thought they were safe. It was a fun way to get doms, get revenge, and to generally feel rewarded for playing as a team. It also felt rewarding (in its own way) to live through the humiliation round after finding a hiding spot or dodging everyone who was trying to kill you. Nowadays there are usually no crits when players cap unless they are voted to be enabled, not mentioning that the humiliation period is gone. This presents an issue where players do inane things that would typically result in their whole team being wiped, as they were not playing with the intelligence in mind. Primarily, I feel that a lot of the 2fort 'soul' is gone with the removal of the humiliation period, so I would like it brought back. I miss capping being part of the 24/7 2fort experience.

Player count would typically go down after the map reset loading screen, which was accompanied by three 'wins' for either team. It's possible to circumvent this issue by editing mp_maxrounds and mp_winlimit. Cast your vote! This poll will be up for 7 days.

• Dumb
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Imo, there are already EoRH in payload and Harvest servers. Not sure in Casual. Our other 2Fort servers, being community based, they're already mixed with friendlies and tryhards with objectives not being pushed competitively most times. Besides those that wish to be "friendlies" will find themselves getting pissed enuff to rejoin the battle with everyone else. Others will prolly feel the same way.

Joseph

Mildly Menacing Medic
Imo, there are already EoRH in payload and Harvest servers. Not sure in Casual. Our other 2Fort servers, being community based, they're already mixed with friendlies and tryhards with objectives not being pushed competitively most times. Besides those that wish to be "friendlies" will find themselves getting pissed enuff to rejoin the battle with everyone else. Others will prolly feel the same way.
I have no idea how this related to the body of my post as it is confusing to read. :( This post is about end-of-round humiliation for 2fort :)

• Dumb

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Primarily I feel that a lot of the 2fort 'soul' is gone with the removal of the humiliation period, so I would like it brought back. I miss capping being part of the 24/7 2fort experience.
Sorry for the confusion. Trying to state the current 2Fort play. I understand what humiliation period is. As in,
As to the popularity, perhaps it's been tried before I joined skial. But not everyone goes for the 2Fort objectives constantly. Not sure if your request would be even adopted despite seeing humiliation periods in other maps

Bottiger

Administrator
It's not coming back. People tend to mass leave when the round ends and humiliation is a part of that. If you see people leaving when 3 flags are capped, you can be sure it would be much worse if with humiliation and round reset.

• Love

Mr Invincible

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
i used to play on a server called no heroes and they had it. it killed the server but not the group. when the owner got sick and stopped caring about his or her server the server emptied alot and that led to its demise. i loved it there but it died because of end of round humiliation so it was taken down. i miss it but skial is still good. i know i have not played on skial in a year but i still have it under my favorites since i still like it. i will return soon but for now i am playing other stuff. if skial had this it would eventually die out like no heroes did and no one wants that so i give this a big -50 that's my 2 cents on this idea and i say no to it