What do you think about the new pokemon "break" cards?

• Total voters

Blaze Zorah

Uncharitable Spy
It seems Pokemon in itself is relatively popular here, but who else collects/plays the card game? I've been collecting for about 10 years, I got my first card back in second grade from a friend of mine and ever since then I've been a huge pokemon nerd.

I currently own around 1,700 cards, probably close to 2k if my fake cards were to be included (curse you flee market for tricking young me into stocking up on cheap, fake cards). My deck I have set is a psychic/dark set though I've never had a chance to use it. On pokemon TCG online I main with a faerie deck, a water deck, or a psychic deck depending how I feel that day/round.

Feel free to post pictures of your collection, prized cards, or even favorite decks. I will once I stop being lazy get a chance to.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Eh. I used to collect them but got bored of it pretty fast. Somewhat like the games, I can only play through one of them once like every half year or so, then I have to wait a while because of boredom. The newer cards do look pretty neat though.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I used to have over 2,000 (I had no fake) then I gave them all to my brother. Never actually played with them, I just liked how they looked plus I was a big fan of the video game so it was cool to have a real life picture of it. I think I stopped right before black/white came out, and I started back when they looked like this.

48-charmander.jpg

I think my favorite card has got to be this one

I also got into yu-gi-oh for a bit and I actually played that game, had about 1,500.

Blaze Zorah

Uncharitable Spy
The newer cards do look pretty neat though.
The first few Black/White sets really turned me off to them, I don't really have much from those times until they started pulling more of the older legendaries back into cards.

I think I stopped right before black/white came out, and I started back when they looked like this.

48-charmander.jpg

I think my favorite card has got to be this one

I also got into yu-gi-oh for a bit and I actually played that game, had about 1,500.

I believe I started right when those sets came out? I can't remember correctly, I have a bit from those sets but not all that many, so I'm thinking that's what it was.

But I actually have the pre-evo (devolved? Idk) of that card and it's still one of my favorite cards just the way the artwork is

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have a lot of the original cards. I used to collect them when I was in elementary, but stopped somewhere in the fifth grade. Then my cousin dumped a backpack full of them on me, so probably the newest cards I have are from the Ruby/Sapphire days.

Probably my favorite cards I own is these two (not my pictures, too lazy to dig the cards out of storage):

IMG_0269.jpg

$_35.JPG

Blaze Zorah

Uncharitable Spy
Oh damn, that Charizard (depending on condition and its edition) could easily fetch you a couple hundred dollars. I'm jealous, lol

Here's a majority of my collection that's actually worth anything though
6kt69MV.jpg
HYVLqnh.jpg
fK4RIjv.jpg
7L1I9gf.jpg
1POH5x9.jpg
a8GtKbW.jpg
WD9VYys.jpg
48UXGL2.jpg
LFMvI8c.jpg
tnxQtiA.jpg
3eDRf4U.jpg
JqFaSWF.jpg
653TIPy.jpg
IwQZOas.jpg
HoJvJIN.jpg
XqKsGCm.jpg
ZIwPJDU.jpg

I had a few more older EX cards but I'm not sure what's happened to them over the years. Younger me didn't really like to take good care of her cards, either...

good god that was a pain in the ass getting all those in there off mobile

Reactions: Sheev_Palpatine

Gameboy.exe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I started collecting these for over 15 years now. I have some of the old cards from the original Ruby/Sapphire series and I recently just went to the BREAKThrough Prerelease in Florida. This is still the only thing I like to do out of classes with my friends and brothers.

Anyone else got those collector tins when Ruby/Sapphire packs came out? Mine is still in terrible condition and I still have my Mint Condition Dustox ex.

The Auqapolis booster box has to be my favorite set ever with 180+ cards (Biggest set of cards they released.) I think only like 10 of them are sealed in the world.

Blaze Zorah

Uncharitable Spy
I stopped and picked up two of the new breakthrough packs on my way home from college on Thursday. Usually I'll dig and pull packs from the back or middle of the rack but I just grabbed the first two in a rush.

IVPJAXb.jpg

One from each pack, this is as good as the pulls I got from 10 ancient origins packs. Though I must say, now that I'm actually seeing one of the break cards in person I really like the way they're done.