Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Pokémon GO has released in select countries for Android and iOS. I can't get it yet since it's not in the US which blows.

maxresdefault.jpg

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Pokemon GO is kinda shit compared to actual Pokemon games lets be honest. And why is this not in the Nintendo section? Bout to RE.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I'd advise against the android workaround anyway. apparently the servers are like the Steam Store when a sale begins

Toxik

Contributor
Yeah, just noticed the servers have been down since I played this morning. Tried to log in a few times but can't

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
just checked again, Pokémon GO has officially launched in the US, at least in the Eastern timezone

Toxik

Contributor
Just a few heads up for everyone playing it for the first time:
  • You can hold and spin the ball before throwing it, it goes in an arc and I find it easier to throw especially at smaller Pokemons. It also gives you a small curveball bonus.
  • Wait until the circle is at its smallest to throw the ball, this was debated during the beta but the game said there was better chances to capture the Pokemon when the capture circle is smaller
  • When you find eggs, you can buy multiple incubators to hatch them at the same time. Steps to hatching will only register when you are at walking speed, so driving in a car (or even riding a bicycle for some people) will not count towards that
  • Make sure to spin the logo inside the circle at every Pokestop, beta testers got 2,500 coins daily but it seems a lot harder to get them now so that will be your main source of coin income
  • At gyms, if it's not owned by any team, you can automatically claim it. If it is owned by your team, you can practice by fighting with your Pokemons, or you can leave one of your Pokemon to raise the gym level. If it's an enemy team, you can fight to defeat them and reclaim the gym for your team
  • Watch out for battery drain, it's the one main problem beta testers had. They've patched it pretty well, but walking around for a long time with the game, especially since it uses GPS, will likely kill your battery

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
of the starters, Squirtle was in my front yard, Charmander was next door, and Bulbasaur was across the street, so I caught Squirtle

there was a Drowzee at the end of the street where I live, but I couldn't see it in battle, so I didn't catch it.

found a Caterpie and threw a ball but the game seemed to pause so I exited and couldn't reconnect for a minute so I'm guessing it was a server hiccup. when I finally got back on, Caterpie was caught and I leveled up

Reactions: Toxik

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I can't seem to connect to the server at all. I made a character, set up my username, and caught Bulbasaur. But after that, it wouldn't connect. I'm assuming the servers are overloaded right now.

Toxik

Contributor
I can't seem to connect to the server at all. I made a character, set up my username, and caught Bulbasaur. But after that, it wouldn't connect. I'm assuming the servers are overloaded right now.
Yeah, I've only been able to log in on and off. There must be a shit-ton of people trying to play it, even my Facebook is spammed with friends' screenshots of the game

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, I heard the servers went down earlier today. I hope it gets better because I only got one Pokemon.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well because I have an iPhone 4S, I can't really play the game. So it's time for an upgrade.