pbDEV Nergal le Ashurian

Mildly Menacing Medic
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=285036

I'm suggesting a plugin that I made just yesterday.

the Tele Filter plugin; let's you block teammates from using your teleporter either by name or by class.

I know what you're thinking: "what about trolls/griefers?"

I've added an admin command that resets all engineer filters and, as a secondary precaution, the plugin stops engineers from blocking a certain percentage of their team. Default percentage is 50%

Also, be sure to check out my other plugins that I've made like...
Advanced Armor
Armchair Generals
Sticky & Pipes Detector

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
This would be so easily abused. It would cause far more problems than it would ever solve especially when half of your team can't take a teleporter.

You want people to leave a server network in droves? Cuz that's how you get people to leave a server network in droves.

pbDEV Nergal le Ashurian

Mildly Menacing Medic
Why are you being so hostile? Your idea is not good and people dont like it, you dont have a good rep here anyway so nobody will take your suggestion seriously in the first place.
Only on Skial does being an annoying micspamming get you the same treatment as a rapist...
This would be so easily abused. It would cause far more problems than it would ever solve especially when half of your team can't take a teleporter.

You want people to leave a server network in droves? Cuz that's how you get people to leave a server network in droves.

a fair argument except I already mentioned that I put in extra precautions to prevent this. The limited blocking percentage can be adjusted by server operators. Just because the default percentage is 50% doesn't mean you can't change the settings. Do you guys even know anything about plugins and operating a server?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Only on Skial does being an annoying micspamming get you the same treatment as a rapist...

giphy.gif

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor

a fair argument except I already mentioned that I put in extra precautions to prevent this. The limited blocking percentage can be adjusted by server operators. Just because the default percentage is 50% doesn't mean you can't change the settings. Do you guys even know anything about plugins and operating a server?

I am not going to continue this discussion because you are being hostile and unreasonable.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
the Tele Filter plugin; let's you block teammates from using your teleporter either by name or by class.
I'm against this as it interferes with normal gameplay, people should be able to join the server and play TF2... they shouldn't have to be confused for even a second when they're standing there thinking "Why isn't this teleporter broken", "Is my TF2 broken", "Is the server broken" etc. Changing anything like that with the default game is never a good idea, I really like the suggestion @Meowcenary gave however I would request that if you were going to make the plugin, please make it only prioritise the owner of the teleporter- not just every engineer... this way it makes it easier for the owner of the teleport, whilst not being overly confusing because people will just think that the game picked someone else instead of them (and as far as I am aware, we don't know how the game chooses who to teleport).

Also, be sure to check out my other plugins that I've made like...
Advanced Armor
Armchair Generals
Sticky & Pipes Detector
Please don't use this suggestion as a way to advertise, which is how this comes across to me, makes me less likely to support your idea.

-1, though if you post another suggestion for prioritising the owner of the teleport - I will support that.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Harming your team for an extended period of time.
  • Examples: blocking sniper views
  • Teleporter traps
  • Refusing to help advance your teams position
I'm pretty sure adding in a plug-in that doesn't allow certain people to use an engineer's teleporter would do exactly that. Harming your team. Plus, insulting everyone and just being plain rude isn't doing anything other than making yourself look like a jackass who won't be taken seriously by anyone.

Reactions: Geoff

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
+0 Anything but a level 3 teleporter really suffers when a very mobile class uses it, however to just forbid people from using it could irritate your team even more. Like furry said, a priority list (not only for the builder but also for every class in general) would be a lot better imo, a bit like this: builder>engi's>medics>...>scouts. And maybe a blacklist for people who waste the tele by going back and forward that puts them on the bottom.

Last edited: