Who are you rooting for to win the Super Bowl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Welcome to the pinnacle of the NFL. The 2014 playoffs. The road to the Super Bowl ends in the Meadowlands and 12 teams are vying for a shot there. Everyone has a shot(some more than others) but any given Sunday rings truer more in the month of January. So, members of the fan base, who are you backing?

To those whose team aren't in it, we give condolences but encourage backing a team. If not that, tell us who you loathe and would rather die than see them hoist the Lombardi trophy.

To those whose team is still in, pray and cheer your ass off. No matter the circumstances this league is week by week. Any team can win.

Brace yourselves for the coming weeks and all the pandemonium that ensues.

(SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR THE DOUBLING UP IN THE POLL, BUT I COULD ONLY GET 10 SELECTIONS. I GROUPED THE WILDCARDS TOGETHER)

Metal Gear Awesome <skial>

Legendary Skial King
BdLdEzZIQAAHaPk.jpg

Reactions: sov

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Round 2 this week and we all know who will win: The Chargers. But, in any case, who wins the other games?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Very sad that Eagles lost to the Saints. But it was a good game and we had a great season.
Well, this is just plain stupid. You spend a couple of months and a lot of efforts to get to playoffs through 16 games, you show a nice season, and then there is ONE (!) game in a playoff - and you are out? Fucking stupid. There should be at least 2 games (damn, in hockey they have 7 games in series) to prove that one win was not just a fluke.

Legendary Skial King
Well, this is just plain stupid. You spend a couple of months and a lot of efforts to get to playoffs through 16 games, you show a nice season, and then there is ONE (!) game in a playoff - and you are out? Fucking stupid. There should be at least 2 games (damn, in hockey they have 7 games in series) to prove that one win was not just a fluke.
Football players only play 16 games in a season because the sport is so prone to injury. Teams that win the playoffs often do so in part because the stayed healthy. Effectively doubling the playoffs pretty much guarantees injuries to talented teams, making the games themselves much less drawing. Plus, the atmosphere of "win or go home" is always good for competition.

Reactions: sov

Legendary Skial King
Oh yeah? Look at teethless hockey players with tons of scars on their faces.

It's always good for the effect of luck.
Hockey players get to that level of wear and tear by playing 82 games in a year.
You'd also have to give at least a week between playoff football games, which slows the momentum, and the next time a game is completely free from luck will be the first.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Sov is mad cause Cutler. Concerning Hockey, I think they are the toughest sons of bitches out there and I love it. May start an Olympic thread for Hockey and hope Crybaby Crosby gets massacred by a random Russian dude

sov

Legendary Skial King
Sov is mad cause Cutler. Concerning Hockey, I think they are the toughest sons of bitches out there and I love it. May start an Olympic thread for Hockey and hope Crybaby Crosby gets massacred by a random Russian dude
tumblr_mic4xa3Rjg1qcrwbio1_400.gif

btw I like Cutler....

It took 15 minutes on the field for Franzen to get severe concussion, 23 stitches and lose 3 teeth.
But maybe you're right. I just don't like the concept of "luck can decide".
oww what the... He needs a better mask/helmet because that hat ain't doing SHIT.