Corvus

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hello, I'm just curious as to why Pl_Upward Ny was changed to Highpass. I get it's a newer map but who the hell plays Highpass? and on top of that you already have a dedicated Highpass server.. it's pretty screwed up. Upward frequently had a steady player base which I seeded quite often, and although not busy in the mornings it was almost always full in the evenings. I may be off because I don't have your statistical data, but I honestly believe it was a horrible decision and should be corrected.

Thank you for your time, Corvus.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hello, I'm just curious as to why Pl_Upward Ny was changed to Highpass. I get it's a newer map but who the hell plays Highpass? and on top of that you already have a dedicated Highpass server.. it's pretty screwed up. Upward frequently had a steady player base which I seeded quite often, and although not busy in the mornings it was almost always full in the evenings. I may be off because I don't have your statistical data, but I honestly believe it was a horrible decision and should be corrected.

Thank you for your time, Corvus.
Please read this thread, which is stickied at the top of this forum: https://www.skial.com/threads/why-c...-server-why-is-my-favorite-server-gone.62583/

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Additionally, as shown below as of right now:
UPWARD | LA 24 / 24
UPWARD | TX 23 / 24

The LA and TX servers are full right now, so I am sure you will find many of the people you played with on Upward NY on one of those servers.

Corvus

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I've seen those around, but unfortunately anyone living farther north is going to have to contend with ping, meanwhile Highpass is rocking a whole 3 players and 7 bots. :(

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I've seen those around, but unfortunately anyone living farther north is going to have to contend with ping, meanwhile Highpass is rocking a whole 3 players and 7 bots. :(
Personally, I play GOLDRUSH LA and Turbine+ LA often, despite living in Alabama, which means my ping is often at least 110+. I still enjoy the people I play with, and I still do fairly well. I assume this may be different for you if you happen to have a very slow ISP. I would say, give the TX server a shot. Additionally, because the servers with the least amount of players may change often, you may see Upward NY come back, who knows! Or perhaps a US server, based out of Chicago, may pop up. Again, who knows. Just try the TX server out for now. I believe you'll find the ping isn't that bad.

Additionally, perhaps Bot has some statistics regarding how many Canadian players actually connect to Upward NY, for which it may perhaps be not many. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to personalize an experience of great ping just for you.

Corvus

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I understand what you're saying, it's just I have so many hours stacked up from the old Upward alone. Before it was changed to Highpass during the Tough Break update, It frequently had a player base with casuals that would come back on a regular basis. I have seen very popular players in and out aswell including Acooma, Stabby, Bfl Satan, various gold/silver players. The only reason I kept going back was because it didn't feel like a valve orientated pub. I personally think it would fill up to the brim tonight if people saw it. Lastly I could provide countless examples of Highpass basically being a dud and filled with 12 year olds and afk bots, none of which are a pleasant experience and are likely killing the playerbase.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I personally think it would fill up to the brim tonight if people saw it

If it was removed then it wasn't filling well enough to justify keeping the server on that map. Bottiger keeps a close eye on the statistics of player traffic for every server and those statistics don't lie.

This is why Skial is one of the top gaming communities in TF2, if its not already statistically #1 in terms of player traffic. If Bottiger kept servers that only a small handful of regulars play on that only populates for a few hours a day Skial wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is now.