KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I have suggested this before. but it died somewhere.

First off. Let me explain that

1. Other peoples ping do not effect your ping
2. Other peoples ping cause the server to lag.

i know that. i also know that

3. Not all people with high pings lag

However. can admin please kick people with that lag, causing them to teleport at random times in the game? Its really obnoxious to be shooting at a guy who is there on your screen, but hes only lagging so he is not actually there.

For Example:
http://download622.mediafire.com/a3tx8txtl8dg/y69b35lk3rgqq16/lag2.dem

This guy is lagging at the point where i cannot lay a hit on him. His ping is in the 400s. He randomly jumps at random spots during battle. Its almost impossible to kill him without Explosions / sentries.

I do not think we need a plugin, since not all high pings lag. I would just like the admins to have this discretion available to them when people complain about the person lagging.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I personally do a /dsay telling them to fix their ping or to leave, otherwise I'll kick them. Did it to Dragon Ninja back when he was jumping across the map.
I'd dig a plugin, though, personally. Pings over 350 get 10 warnings. I saw a server with that installed. Was generous enough to give you time to fix it or to play until it might go away. Otherwise, it kicks.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
People with lag KNOW they have lag though; such as myself. You should probably just kick them - I mean if they're really laggy and not just slightly otherwise give them a warning like you suggested. ;)

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Which virtually never passes because of people who think that high ping is fine, or people who have the guy on their own team and don't care.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Yes, it does make you lag like hell. However, I've seen people cheat this way and blame their ping for that sudden head-shot they somehow got.

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
I dont think it should be an auto kick becuase me and classy's ping can sometimes randomly get to over 300 and that can accidently kick us. THat would be the problem if people's ping suddenly grew because of their router getting messed up

Roman

Banned
Contributor
I remember people building a switch on their ethernet cable back in the SOCOM days where it'd let them disconnect just long enough so they can avoid dying.