ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm looking for a replacement monitor right now, my budget is $150 - $175 max inc. shipping. My current monitor is an ASUS 23.6" 5ms.

I've been looking at these, though I really have no idea what to go with.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007617 600416634 4802 600030619&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=20|24-236-174^24-236-174-TS,24-236-112^24-236-112-TS,24-236-117^24-236-117-TS,24-009-513^24-009-513-TS&percm=24-009-513:$$$$$$$

Any suggestions? Doesn't have to be one of the monitors in that comparison link, but something on Newegg would be nice.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Right, I'll post this elsewhere.

Goodbye.gif

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Get something with a high refresh rate... but that may be out of budget.

Enigma

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
With the second one you can change the brightness/contrast more (I think that's what ASCR is)

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
With the second one you can change the brightness/contrast more (I think that's what ASCR is)

They both have it, so either would do.

But the first (VS) series uses 2 watts less than the first one, so if you're feeling green, go for that one

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This one is good for graphic designers. No need to have CRT for a gamer.

Better for gaming as well, higher refresh rate and lower response time, and not limited to native res. LED is not so good at displaying a decent 'white' or 'black', and while it's true that no monitor can show true white/black CRT is a hell of a lot closer, hold a peice of white paper up to your LED monitor and see just how far out it is.
The only downside is size, power consumption + heat, and some say that crt is harder on the eyes.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Better for gaming as well, higher refresh rate and lower response time, and not limited to native res. LED is not so good at displaying a decent 'white' or 'black', and while it's true that no monitor can show true white/black CRT is a hell of a lot closer, hold a peice of white paper up to your LED monitor and see just how far out it is.
The only downside is size, power consumption + heat, and some say that crt is harder on the eyes.

Does it produce higher resolution? Yes. Does it have higher refresh rate? Well, 120 Hz vs. 160 Hz is not such a big difference. Does it provide more descent picture? Yes. Would I pay $1k because of that to buy this monitor for gaming purposes? Hell fucking no.

Purpose defines whether or not CRT of such class should be bought. In this particular case purpose clearly defines this monitor as ridiculous overkill for a lot of money :D