samhunt12

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
i made this a few months ago but it was denied saying that it was unpopular but everyone on the dr servers are saying that it was really good and miss it, the admins say it was unpopular but how can they know that if it was taken off the map rotor? it was always popular and one of the most frequently played. if we cant bring back the old one is there a newer one with no bugs/exploits?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think it would be good for horrors to be an option for the community, if they don't want it they wont pick it but at least there is an option to play it rather than take it down entirely.

If the map was so unpopular it wouldn't have been picked as much as it was before it got taken down and given the people who are reading this suggestion, most of them want it back and i think the people who play on the servers but dont check the forums would think the same.

The point I'm trying to make is even if the map is popular among the deathrun players, it was still receiving little, if any player traffic according to the server's logs. (Assuming it was indeed removed for lack of player traffic and not something like crippling bugs)

We're not denying you guys like the map. I liked the map too.

But if a map is receiving little to no traffic it goes poof. It can't be kept in rotation because maps that drive away player traffic can severely damage the server's overall player population

Also for the record I'm just explaining why the map likely went away. I'm not saying it can't come back, that's up to you guys to convince Bottiger. But if it does make a return you guys should help drive player traffic to the map when possible by playing on it. The more player traffic on the map means the more likely it will stay.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
And also we need to remove the button that changes the killing door, so people won't be wasting time there
people will always waste time. the button doesn't change anything, it sets two of the traps at random and tells Hale which one "failed" to prime, provided that nobody already passed through a doorway which automatically sets the traps in the other two doorways.

the best way to handle it would be a hint message that says one of three things, such as
  • (if you're the first runner there and Hale hasn't hit the button yet) "These traps haven't been primed yet, whatever doorway you choose will be safe but traps in the other two will be set..."
  • (if another runner got through before Hale hit the button) "Someone's been here... hope they marked the path they took 'cause that's the safe one, the other two aren't..."
  • (if Hale has hit the button) "Two of the traps have been set at random. Good luck..."

serbey

Uncharitable Spy
+1 Used to play back when the map was still in rotation, I found the map incredibly popular, find it hard to believe the map had diverted server traffic. Needs to come back.