Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I recently bought Persona 5 and really got into the game after watching the anime. Knew the games existed but never picked them up. So far, Persona 5 is absolutely amazing. I haven't finished the game yet but restarted a couple times to try and get even stronger personas for the end game. Still can't seem to beat the last boss so I just started a brand new playthrough. I'm seeing a lot of articles and posts about what I should do but I'm wondering if anyone here has actually beaten Persona 5 and might have any tips. Maybe what confidant to go with, which confidants I should focus on, what persona(s) I should go for, etc.

And has anyone used Arsene until the end game? I'm trying to find a way to max him out but I don't think there IS a way.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Focus on your main teams confidants. The skills you get at the last couple of levels are insane and help out so much, also Kawakami because she's best girl and having an extra activity at night is immensely helpful. Persona wise it should change depending on what weaknesses you need to cover for your team. You don't really need a specific persona just ones at a decently high level and have decent skills. For instance I almost lost the final battle because I had a persona with an ability that brought me back to life after taking fatal damage.
Arsene is way too bad to use past the 1st or even 2nd palace don't bother with him.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Focus on your main teams confidants. The skills you get at the last couple of levels are insane and help out so much, also Kawakami because she's best girl and having an extra activity at night is immensely helpful. Persona wise it should change depending on what weaknesses you need to cover for your team. You don't really need a specific persona just ones at a decently high level and have decent skills. For instance I almost lost the final battle because I had a persona with an ability that brought me back to life after taking fatal damage.
Arsene is way too bad to use past the 1st or even 2nd palace don't bother with him.
I was gonna focus on maxing out all the team's confidant levels and then getting Death and Star for the SP Adhesive 3 and the changing member during battle thing. I really did like Kawakami's bonus, though. That helped a lot.

And I don't know about Kawakami being best girl. I was torn between Hifumi and the doctor. Maybe even Makoto, honestly.