LunaGallego

Unremarkable User
Hi I need to open DOCX files on a regular basis and my pc wont allow me to, the msg I get when I try to open these files is posted below as an attachment, please have a look at this msg and let me know why and what i need to do, is this file type suppose to be like a pdf doc?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hi I need to open DOCX files on a regular basis and my pc wont allow me to, the msg I get when I try to open these files is posted below as an attachment, please have a look at this msg and let me know why and what i need to do, is this file type suppose to be like a pdf doc?

DOCX files are intended to be opened with Microsoft Word (due to it being DOCX and not DOC, it requires 2007+).
You should be able to open them with a few other programs, or use an online tool to convert them to PDF etc.

LunaGallego

Unremarkable User
docx-file-error-msgq9

I forgot to attach it. http://www.filedropper.com/docx-file-error-msgq9

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Maybe Open Office can open your file but the format might be lost. It is a free Office alternative.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Preferably use Google Docs. You can use Microsoft's Word Online thing but I think you'll need to register and upload the file to a dropbox account. There's also OpenOffice and LibreOffice.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
yea, for Microsoft Office Online, you'll have to upload the file to OneDrive first. if you already use Hotmail or Xbox Live, I'm pretty sure you can use those login credentials since Microsoft uses a single account system for everything like Google does.