staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So i'm confused right now.

I've recently gotten my new PC. I plugged it up, got my mouse, headset, keyboard, and monitor all attached and turned it on. However, when I turn it on, the monitor does not display anything and says that it is not receiving a signal. I've double checked the connection between the VGA cords and checked inside to see if everything was attached correctly, and from what I could see it was. Next, I began googling the issue, the first site I stumbled upon one thread that suggested doing a Power Flush or something where you hold the power button on the PC without the power cord plugged in. Tried it, but it didn't work. And most of the other results said that it was a bad motherboard, which I hope to God it isn't.

I've connected the monitor into the VGA port on my laptop and it worked just fine.

I have no idea what's going on. For specs:
- PC
- Monitor

Please, if anyone can provide support that would be wonderful. I'm heading to sleep right now, so please just spam the shit out of this thread with suggestions on what to do so that I can try them tomorrow.

Thanks

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If nobody has a valid answer for you, feel free to add me on Steam and I will do my best to help you troubleshoot. I sadly do this type of shit for a living.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
If you tried it with another computer and it works, it does sound like it could be a mobo issue.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If you tried it with another computer and it works, it does sound like it could be a mobo issue.

^

More than likely that, but before we have you flying out to buy another motherboard, there is some general tests we can do to see if it's 100% the issue. But from the description it does sound like the mobo DOA (which isn't quite uncommon.)

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That happened to me once, turns out it was a faulty vga cable... I don't know if this will fix your problem or not, but I wish you luck!

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Alright, thanks @Antamania and @~Cr33p3rfreex~ for your replies.

I hope to God it isn't the mobo, as I just got it last night.
I've compiled a list of what I've done to try and make diagnosing it easier:
- Reseat the RAM - FAIL
- Power Flush (Or whatever holding down your power button without the power chord in is called) - FAIL
- Internal Compenents Connected - PASS
- VGA Cable + Monitor work on another computer - PASS
- Another Monitor works on PC - UNTESTED
- Fans working on Startup - PASS
- Disk Drive Operational - PASS
- Load PC with one stick of memory - FAIL
- Reseat the Video Card - IT VOIDS THE WARRANTY

I really haven't found anything else in which I could test. If it really is the mobo, I would like to know, thanks.

Reactions: Chance

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
See if you can't borrow a monitor for a minute and test it. If that doesn't work 90 to 1 it's the motherboard. As it stands now that's probably what it is since you've done most of what I'd recommend. The only way to know for sure is to test another monitor though.

If you had called with this issue, and were unable to get another monitor to test, I more than likely would blame the failure on the motherboard, and tell you to get a replacement.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hello everyone, I have great news!

So I took my tower up to the GeekSquad up at Best Buy to see if they had any idea what was going on. Turns out, in the BIOS the manufacturer had disabled the motherboard's graphics card so that the post-market card would be the only one enabled. I had only been attempting to connect to the motherboard's card since it was the only one I had a cable for, since the post-market card was the new VGI or whatever or HDMI, and I had neither chord, but it works, it runs perfectly!

Question,
with my monitor, I get these black borders around the sides of the screen, how fix this?