• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
There's something wrong with the Payload+ US Skial server. We all voted for Metropolis, but unlike the past week, we can't connect to it.

Error message:

Disconnected
Missing map maps/pl_metropolis_b6.bsp, disconnecting

We had a full server - a minute later, it was all bots. I contacted friends via Steam, who were with me on the server during the map change - they said no one could connect (I assume they're getting the same error message).

Note that I *have* enabled custom files/maps, so this is a unique problem that seems to universally be hitting everyone.

Can we swap it back to pl_metrpopolis_b5.bsp, please? b6 seems to be utterly fucked and kills the server entirely, since no one can connect.

some-mapper

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Since you have no idea what you are talking about, I will enlighten you.

You add a map to a server, boom, done, it works fine. You also have to add that same map to your fastDL server so people can actually download the map. What happened here was somebody forgot to add it to the fastDL server before adding the new map to the rotation.

But anyway, it's fixed now.

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
Is there a reason you have to be a dick about it? I'm just trying to notify people that something's wrong.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Theyre not being a dick. They just stated that you have no idea what you are talking about.