Payload+ US - Metropolis is fucked

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by haytil, May 29, 2018.

1. haytil

haytil Mildly Menacing Medic

There's something wrong with the Payload+ US Skial server. We all voted for Metropolis, but unlike the past week, we can't connect to it.

Error message:

Disconnected
    Missing map maps/pl_metropolis_b6.bsp, disconnecting

We had a full server - a minute later, it was all bots. I contacted friends via Steam, who were with me on the server during the map change - they said no one could connect (I assume they're getting the same error message).

Note that I *have* enabled custom files/maps, so this is a unique problem that seems to universally be hitting everyone.

Can we swap it back to pl_metrpopolis_b5.bsp, please? b6 seems to be utterly fucked and kills the server entirely, since no one can connect.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Boonie

Boonie Uncharitable Spy Mapper

Steam:

Since you have no idea what you are talking about, I will enlighten you.

You add a map to a server, boom, done, it works fine. You also have to add that same map to your fastDL server so people can actually download the map. What happened here was somebody forgot to add it to the fastDL server before adding the new map to the rotation.

But anyway, it's fixed now.

3. haytil

haytil Mildly Menacing Medic

Is there a reason you have to be a dick about it? I'm just trying to notify people that something's wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Metroidz

Metroidz Totally Ordinary Human

Steam:

Theyre not being a dick. They just stated that you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Mentalpatient

Mentalpatient Mildly Menacing Medic

The reply could have been handled with a bit more civility. lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice