• Chrome

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Stick with Firefox

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
I have been using Firefox since early of last year. It has become incredibly slow for me, and I have no idea why. especially around YouTube, where most of my time on the internet is spent. Therefore I need some opinions;

Should I revert back to Chrome(used this browser before),
or Should I give Opera a go (never used it before)

I haven't tried Opera since forever (but I still love the tab stacking they have <3), so I can't really compare them two. But I can say that chrome have been stable without any problem for the past year-or-so. Youtube works wonder both on Windows and Linux with the browser, so it shouldn't be any problem for you.

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
Have you tried reinstalling it/clearing cache/deleting cookies/history/etc?

Yeah, I usually do that on a regular basis with both firefox and ccleaner

Edit: I have only re-installed once, helped for a bit, but cant say it was a big difference.

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
I also notice that firefox has some trouble loading threads with embedded videos (eg from youtube)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
And when I only have one tab open?

Chrome also runs separate processes for plugins as well. So regardless if you have only one tab, if there are any plugins running, they will take up processes too.

And when I only have one tab open?

Just to be on the safe side, can you check in Chrome’s task manager to see if anything specific drains an absurd amount of processing power?
I had that problem before when an application were eating up my computer and made it slow if I kept an tab up for too long.

Should I revert back to Chrome(used this browser before),
or Should I give Opera a go (never used it before)

By the way, why not just install both Chrome and Opera next to Firefox and try them to see which you like the most?
Bookmarks and history are easily transferred between them, and there's no compatibility issue with having several browsers installed on your computer.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
By the way, why not just install both Chrome and Opera next to Firefox and try them to see which you like the most?
Bookmarks and history are easily transferred between them, and there's no compatibility issue with having several browsers installed on your computer.
easy-button.jpg

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator

I was actually going to try that, however I posted here to see others opinions on the two browsers so I could save some time :)

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
Just one question about opera(for opera users), though:

How well does opera work with the flash plugin or even html5 video viewing (on video streaming sites, such as youtube?) Although I know that chrome works well with flash, I am just wondering about opera before I give it a go.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I used to use opera a while back. When it came to flash and video loads it was shit for me.