Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I heard botters who had previous offenses were permabanned, while the rest who got 6 month bans were first time offenders

In MoP they were doing only 3 day bans on most botters so 6 months is at least a improvement I guess

Still silly that they don't just permaban all of them

Edit - also worth noting this ban wave came shortly after Blizzard lost a lawsuit against Honorbuddy (a popular bot program)

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Weird thing about the bots. I have been in several raids and I guess some of the players are bots as well. You should see the stats they are putting up as DPS. Raid high average will be around 20-30k dps....the bots 75-90k dps. Have you heard anything about bots in the raids as well?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Weird thing about the bots. I have been in several raids and I guess some of the players are bots as well. You should see the stats they are putting up as DPS. Raid high average will be around 20-30k dps....the bots 75-90k dps. Have you heard anything about bots in the raids as well?

I've heard of dungeon bots but never heard of raid bots

But with how complex bots have become it doesn't sound too far fetched

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Top pvpers were banned for either dispell bots, honorbuddy, or even scripts to target certain people and lock them out on .5 second casts in.

High end raiders were banned as well for rotation bots, but some guilds don't care apparently and are trying to gear them back up to keep raiding.

sources say at least over 700,000 were banned

Reactions: Defibyoulater