g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Currently, any map with a prebuilt teleporter system, i.e. above the cap point on Skyhigh or the backroom on Lovelyhouse, has an issue. It's way too easy to telefrag any of these spots. This is especially frustrating since telefrags are now a guaranteed instant kill, as opposed to the 9000 damage they used to deal. This makes it very difficult to play Hale if these spots are abused. I propose one of two things:

1. Reduce telefrag damage back to 9000 server-wide.

2. Allow me to go through any maps with teleporters and place func_nobuilds over the teleporter destinations. For non-hammer users, this just means that engineers won't be able to build anything in the dimensions of the invisible nobuild box.

I'm not very active on the vsh servers anymore and I rely mostly on info from friends who are. If I have overlooked a reason for the teleporters and telefrags to work this way, please let me know. Thank you.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1 for only the mapfix. Telefrags often do not work on the experienced hale unless the team strongly cooperates on getting him onto it or if the map has a way to stick him on one, like lovelyhouse and skyhigh as you mentioned.

I propose we start by fixing those maps, and if telefrags still prove too potent, then move forward and reduce telefrag damage. After all this is technically a map issue for not just telefrags; teleporter reset spots like skyhigh should probably have func_nogrenade to prevent repeatable sticky traps, which award a lot of knockback and damage for very little effort.

Last edited:

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
What maps are you wanting to modify?
I feel I've been fairly clear on what I'm talking about. For example: when you fall off the platform on vsh_skyhigh_resort and are teleported to the cap point, it is very easy to abuse with a telefrag setup.