Are you a Baseball fan?

• Total voters

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Idk if anyone else is a fan, but Baseball Season is fast approaching. Pitchers and catchers reported and only about 50 days separate us from Opening Day.

28 teams start the year with a chance at a world series(Sorry Cubs and Astros fans). The Sox are going for the first repeat since the 1999-2000 Yankees. The Cards are the team everyone wants to be.

Brace yourselves. My favorite 6 months of the year are coming.

My question: Who is a fan and of what team?

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm a Sox fan, but I'm going to miss Jeter. Man's an icon.
No offense, but I CAN'T STAND THE SOX! I think it is the way they won in 04 with 2 confirmed users(possibly 3. I think Pedro might have been on it) But I got respect for them. Just will always root against them

Metal Gear Awesome <skial>

Legendary Skial King
No offense, but I CAN'T STAND THE SOX! I think it is the way they won in 04 with 2 confirmed users(possibly 3. I think Pedro might have been on it) But I got respect for them. Just will always root against them
Yeah I'm pretty sure Ortiz was juicing then, and we sure needed a shitload of luck to do it. But who's going to stop them this year? Tinker a little bit and hope that the young'uns can replace Jacoby, our division is the Sox's to lose.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah I'm pretty sure Ortiz was juicing then, and we sure needed a shitload of luck to do it. But who's going to stop them this year? Tinker a little bit and hope that the young'uns can replace Jacoby, our division is the Sox's to lose.
Idk, Yanks alway contend, those Rays are gonna break through one of these years, O's need one piece to contend, and the Jays could bounce back. Add in the West and the AL looks stacked

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
CHW ALL THE WAY BABY

(Plznomoreoflastyear)
Eh, you have a shot cause your division is ripe for the taking. Tigers are tough but Indians and Royals aren't as good as their records were last year and Minnesota stinks atm

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Eh, you have a shot cause your division is ripe for the taking. Tigers are tough but Indians and Royals aren't as good as their records were last year and Minnesota stinks all the time.
FTFY

I loved listening to the Twins on the radio until John Gordon retired. :( Just ain't the same without him. Still a Twins fan though.
Also a BoSox fan, was fun watching them win the World Series this past season.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
FTFY

I loved listening to the Twins on the radio until John Gordon retired. :( Just ain't the same without him. Still a Twins fan though.
Also a BoSox fan, was fun watching them win the World Series this past season.
It's not that I don't like the twins(they are the team that I actually would root for in the Central). But what do you have now? An aging Joe Mauer on 1st?

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It's not that I don't like the twins(they are the team that I actually would root for in the Central). But what do you have now? An aging Joe Mauer on 1st?
Ayup. Gotta use him for the rest of his 180,000,000$ contract. We don't really have a shot at going anywhere anytime soon.
MN teams generally are terrible. But that hometown pride.
Except the Timberwolves. Screw those guys.

Reactions: CDAWG

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So we need to discuss something here. It's spring training and I was thinking of posting a topic and seeing what people think until opening day. I'll ask a new one every few day. For now, let's discuss Optimism.

The Pirates made the playoffs last year for the first time in 20 years(perspective on that: Barry Bonds was on that team as their MVP before his steroid use). The Royals had a great year and have reason for another solid year in an average AL Central. Same with the Indians who were 2 games from the postseason. 3 teams who had good years that no one expected.

For those with uncertain feelings for their teams, give them some reason for optimism. For me, The Phillies have a team more suited for a retirement home. They are old, have bad contracts, no farm system, and some steep competition in the Braves and Nationals. BUUUUUT, everything could break right. We have 2 aces, solid depth in the rotation, an average bullpen, and MAYBE some health this year. Opening Day makes everyone optimistic and happy. I just hope Optimism turns into some wins

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Well its not going to be hard to be better than last season for the White Sox. However, are they going to be playoff contenders? I dont think so. This year will be a climb in the right direction but I dont think theyll have a chance of returning to their glory until next year.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
New topic! Yeah, I knew this wouldn't be popular but I don't mind. I get to write about baseball!

The AL East is still considered the best division in baseball. 4 teams over .500 last season and one that has potential to bounce back. But this also brings some questions due to the inevitable decline in this division. Rays and Sox look okay for the time being and the Orioles have the team to go for the wildcard. But the Yanks, despite all their spending, are still a team with a poor infield that could bite them. The Jays are at this point the unknown. They could be incredibly good or bad.

Yet, from recent additions, the AL west is looking very formidable and could take over in the coming years. The Astros have no shot this year but have a system building for the next few years. The Mariners just signed a superstar and could sneak in. The Angels have to work sometime especially since they have the BEST player in Baseball. The Rangers are just stacked. Plain and simple. Finally, we have the Moneyball A's who are one of the hardest team to pin down. Their strategy has revolutionized the game. Can they continue their success? Yes because they proved everyone wrong last season.

What do you think is the best division in baseball?

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Season started, I never posted dyeing spring training, blah blah blah okay let's go.

Opening day has arrived and we have a full slate of games in progress. This day, along with Christmas Eve, is the most optimistic day in the world. Hope runs rampant with all fans(even those with woeful teams) and frowns are never seen until the day ends. Day 1 towards the Fall Classic is here. I'm happy now.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I don't follow it as religiously as boxing or football.
I am going to the marlins opening game today

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't follow it as religiously as boxing or football.
I am going to the marlins opening game today
And here in Florida we have a packed crowd here in marlins stadium. Today's attendance: 12! Seriously, Florida cannot get baseball to sell

sov

Legendary Skial King
And here in Florida we have a packed crowd here in marlins stadium. Today's attendance: 12! Seriously, Florida cannot get baseball to sell
there were a lot of people yesterday. I guess it may be because it's opening game lol