Opequon

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Specs here:
atl99Fo.jpg

Having an issue with Elder Scrolls Online randomly crashing. Sometimes just video, most times hard crash with sound loop. The latter can only be escaped by cutting power to the system. The game used to run fine with my OS on HDD and all games on SSD. Recently I updated to 2 SSD's (one for OS, one for games). My ESO experience has gone to hell in a hand basket since then. Other games played run fine (TF2 and Minecraft tested so far).

I have nothing overclocked. Mobo has 2 6gb/s ports, which are connected to SSD's. Audio drivers are updated. Nvidia driver rolled back to 355.98 on a tip that crashes were common with more recent drivers. Still crashing with rollback.

Side note: I've observed some reddish tint in otherwise dark areas on my display, most notably when watching Youtube videos or in the Steam in-game browser. I don't suspect it's video card related, as I've run performance tests with FurMark and EVGA OC Scanner with no artifacting or other errors.

Any ideas on solutions? I'm mostly an idiot when it comes to technical things, so any stone is most likely a stone left unturned at this point. Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. Post your problem HERE.
2. Get a screenshot of the error recorded in the Event Log and post it here (Windows Key + R > type eventvwr.msc > Windows Logs > "Application" or "System")

Opequon

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Possible solutions that worked for me (haven't crashed in 3 days):
The obvious -
update all drivers
update windows
repair game via launcher options

The not-so-obvious -
Throttle GPU clock & memory by about 100 MHz
I did this with EVGA Precision software. I'm not sure that this is the best option, but it seems to work.

Further troubleshooting can be found here http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/?ALLSTEPS

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sounds like possible overheating. What are your max reached temperatures in game?

And when was the last time you cleaned out your computer with compressed air?

If its been more than a couple months you should probably do it. I've ran across too many people now who describe classic overheating issues who haven't cleaned their computer out in months, if ever, and end up trashing their expensive computer because they refuse to give cleaning it out a shot.