Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I've come to the conclusion that Camtasia is a heavy source of in-game lag and I wish to use a better recorder (OBS). However, every time I try to record or even preview my recording. It appears black and that's it. If someone who's used OBS knows what to do, that'd be much appreciated.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why not just use Bandicam or Nvidia Shadowplay? Or if you use an AMD card AMD GVR.
They are better than OBS with framerate.

EDIT: Here is a fix though if you still desire to use OBS. I don't use it so I am not sure if this fix still works.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why not just use Bandicam or Nvidia Shadowplay? Or if you use an AMD card AMD GVR.
They are better than OBS with framerate.

EDIT: Here is a fix though if you still desire to use OBS. I don't use it so I am not sure if this fix still works.
I'd prefer OBS to be completely honest.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Are you using game capture, or window capture? Try setting the game capture to the game you're recording, close the game, start the recording, and then open the game.

Obviously OBS records in .flv format, are you converting them to .mp4? I use FLV extract, it works great.

Or you could stop recording altogether because nobody likes your commentaries
62fx62f

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When I record my desktop and games, I use Bandicam. So much easier than fighting with OBS. I've always been at war with OBS and I did have difficulty with a black screen in the past, but after installing the newest version of it I didn't have the black screen problem.

Reactions: staticvoid

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When I record my desktop and games, I use Bandicam. So much easier than fighting with OBS. I've always been at war with OBS and I did have difficulty with a black screen in the past, but after installing the newest version of it I didn't have the black screen problem.
No offense, but I've always hated Bandicam.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Only if you use the free version. tbh Nvidia Shadowplay is better than anything else that I've used for recording games.
Yeah, but that's only for Nvidia users only. I'm pretty sure AMD tried something similar, and tbh I never even looked at it :lol: