DaivdBaekr

Contributor
yes it's that time again
Plot Synopsis:

Main features:
• It's about people inside robots that fight aliens (the robots are also secretly big people).
• Pretty much Pacific Rim if Pacific Rim was a mid-90s anime.

Discuss. Or better yet ask questions, because the back-story is convoluted as fuck.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This anime is so... mindfuck
Poisoned.gif

And the ending...
Faint.gif

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I find that the movies to be really good I'm currently waiting to see if the 3rd one will come overseas since I got use to the english voice actors but if I don't hear anything about a release date within a couple months I'm just have to watch the next one subbed

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, me and my dad watched the movies. Damn good. We are pumped for Pacific Rim too

Forgotten Player

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Unless you want to be trolled by an old Japanese guy... never, and I mean NEVER try to understand the plot to Evangelion. I never cared much for Evangelion, but my best friend is obsessed with it and it's his favorite anime of all time. He eventually got me into it and since I'm a sucker for MYSTERY PLOTS I nitpicked the shit out of the show and followed all the symbolism and not-so-apparent but massively apparent plotline. After following it, I can now say if I ever meet the man who created this I'll punch him in the face for wasting my time.

Edit: How the fuck did I necropost this? This thread was on like, page 2. Guess the anime forum isn't really that popular.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Edit: How the fuck did I necropost this? This thread was on like, page 2. Guess the anime forum isn't really that popular.
Skial has like 5 regulars who are into anime, not a big surprise considering it's a community based off of an FPS with virtual hats.

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Sorry to bump this, but I've been watching this series (I'm on episode 19 of the series, btw). Are the movies worth watching?
Also, the opening theme and the credits theme are fucking awesome.

Reactions: DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Sorry to bump this, but I've been watching this series (I'm on episode 19 of the series, btw). Are the movies worth watching?
Also, the opening theme and the credits theme are fucking awesome.
Yeah, EoE is a must. So are Rebuilds 2.0 and 3.0. Rebuild 1.0 is pretty much a recap with no differences from the show so you could just skim it and be no worse off.

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Yeah, EoE is a must. So are Rebuilds 2.0 and 3.0. Rebuild 1.0 is pretty much a recap with no differences from the show so you could just skim it and be no worse off.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOW ABOUT
I'm on episode 23...and things are getting weirder and weirder. I can't make out what's happening. Are the movies just as confusing?
I'm gonna give an update when I finish watching the show and EoE. So far, I can't understand- (Some SPOILERS)
Why did they pick kids for the EVA's in the first place? And why was Shinji chosen?
What the hell is wrong with Gendo? Why is this guy such an asshole?
Why was Kaji killed?
Do Asuka and Shinji always have that weird attraction/hate relationship? I thought something was gonna happen when she kissed him, but then she just became more and more jealous of him, and now it's getting weird.
What are these "Dead Sea Scrolls" that everyone keeps talking about?

Would appreciate if anyone could answer these. I don't mind spoilers.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Important bump now that I watched all the Rebuild movies again and you guys should still watch this again

And when you finish End of Evangelion remember to see this afterwords

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
MEGA IMPORTANT BUMP because I forgot to embed this
If that vid doesn't at least arouse your interest then this thread has failed