• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Are you able to see the Skial NY Deathrun server in the standard community game search?

• Total voters

Rubik

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I noticed that the NY deathrun server is usually empty. It usually does not seem to show up in the standard community game search. I joined the EU server a few times and asked why US players were going to the EU server. Most people said they weren't even aware that the NY server existed. I thought I would report this since it has been like this for quite a while now.

Bottiger

Administrator
How exactly are you searching for it?

I searched for it myself and it is in the in-game browser list.

The reason why most people don't know about it is because it was changed from Saxton Hale a month ago.

Last edited:

Shock95

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I can see it in the community server list, even I wasn't aware of a NY deathrun server.

Rubik

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Bottiger
In the past (perhaps 6 months or so), the NY DR server would not show up in the list of community servers even when there were no filters applied. I could see most of the other skial servers, just not the NY DR one. This would often be true even after waiting 5 to 10 minutes. I finally got tired of waiting for the searches and just added both of the US DR servers to my favorites list using direct entry of their IP address. After that, they would show up more quickly and consistently.

This Friday (April 3), I noticed that there were 5 other people on the NY DR server, so I joined and asked the other players if they had difficultly finding the server. They all said that they were able to find and join the server relatively easily. They also seemed to be unsure about why the other US DR server is usually full while the NY server is usually nearly empty. Based on that and your comments, I am starting to wonder if this might not be so much of a technical issue as it is an issue with mass ignorance of the existence of the NY server.

I'll ask around more as I am able and see if any new clues come to light.